1.2

• M A T T H E W  H E N S L E Y •

"Go to hell, Matthew."

Penny angrily said, throwing a chip at Matthew as both he and Julie continued to laugh.

"You cant blame me if its true." Matthew chuckled, taking the chip that has landed on his lap and popping it into his mouth.

"Matthew does have a point." Julie nodded her head in agreement. "You do kinda snore like a hippo in hibernation."

"That doesn't even make sense!" Penny exclaimed. "Hippos don't even hibernate!"

"Well that's the sound you make, honey. Better accept the fact now." Julie laughed, ruffling her silver-dyed hair.

Matthew laughed. "You seem happy today, Julie." Julie continued to laugh, playing around with Penny's hair until Penny slapped her hands away.

"Yeah, you're annoyingly cheerful, whats up?" Penny grumbled. Julie today was ecstatic, anyone near a mile radar of her would feel the delight beaming from Julie's grin. It was almost as though she was glowing.

"Im just really happy, is that so bad?" Julie giggled. Suddenly Penny took a loud sharp breathe of air, looking at Julie as though she had grew a separate head.

"oh my god." Penny slowly said. "What happened between you and Noah?" It was like Penny read Julie's thoughts, and now Penny was squealing, jumping around in excitement.

The girls celebration however, left Matthew with a frown. There it goes again. He sighed to himself. The same weird feeling from before, the same weird feeling he's felt ever since Julie met Noah.

"Tell us every detail." Penny exclaimed, eyeing Julie carefully like she was keeping a secret.

"Nothing happened." Julie smiled. "We just...talked."

Penny let out another ear-piercing squeal. "Oh my god you totally kissed." Bam. A shot to Matthew's heart.

Julie exasperatedly sighed, pinching Penny on one cheek. "I can never get anything past you now can I, Penny?"

Penny once again slapped Julie's hands away, still letting out girlish cries "I just know you too well, Julie."

All Matthew could do now was smile. Smile despite the feeling of his heart being plucked out. Smile despite having to carry weights over his shoulders. Smile as if everything was fine.

"You definitely do, Penny." Matthew laughed, the sound almost unfamiliar to his ears.

_________________________

AN: So this is obviously a filler chapter. Sorry if the dialogues are a bit awkward.

-alyssa