0.9

• J U L I E A B E L •

Julie collapsed onto her bed, taking a deep breathe in relief as she replayed the memories that occurred moments ago.

It surprised Julie, how a gorgeous looking guy like Noah was so down to earth and at the same time was so filled with personality he'd light up the room the second he walked into it. It almost felt to good to be true for her.

She smiled, glancing at the photo they had taken earlier in the ice rink. Most boys with a face like Noah's was never the face of sincerity or loyalty, and often thought of women only as a means of desire, maybe even less than that. But Noah wasn't like most boys, and something about him, even the thought of him sent a feeling in Julie's heart. At least a small one. After all it was only the second date, and Julie wasn't the type to fall head over heels recklessly.. maybe, not again.

Suddenly a familiar tone rung from Julie's phone. She glanced down at the phone screen, and saw Matthew's caller I.D. almost like he knew she was thinking about him.

She accepted the phone call and placed her phone against her ear.

"Julie, hey." Matthew's voice was heard through the phone, the flutter Julie felt in her heart intensifying.

"Hi Matthew what's up?" Julie asked as she played with a strand of hair laying on her chest.

"Nothing um.." Julie heard rustling at the other end of the phone "Penny told me you went on a date today"

"Yeah I did." Julie said, more like in a questioning tone. "Why?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Julie could practically hear the anger in his voice.
The sudden change in Matthew's voice almost caused her to jump in surprise.
What's up with him?

"I was gonna" Julie argued. "Why is it so important to you anyway?"

"You're not supposed to keep stuff like that from best friends Julie!" Matthew exclaimed.

"I wasn't planning to, Matthew!" Julie said with the same anger Matthew has. "Why are you so angry with me?!"

Suddenly the other end was quiet. "I-" Matthew stuttered in a softer, much weaker voice.

She heard Matthew sigh. "look, Im sorry. Im just really tired. I know how Im acting is uncalled for." His voice was very faint now.

Julie sighed the same way Matthew did. She didn't know what was wrong with him. He was acting more.. strange than usual.

Julie ignored the thought. Maybe he isn't feeling well. The same voice from yesterday said.

"Its alright." Julie smiled, although she knew Matthew couldn't see her. "If you wanted to know so much, maybe you can meet him sometime." She offered, hoping that it will comfort Matthew.

Matthew let out a small chuckle. "Sure if thats alright with you." Matthew now sounded more like himself. The bubbly, charming Matthew Julie came to love. "I'll need to know which face to beat up if he tries hurting you anyway."

Julie laughed. "Hopefully it wont come to that."

"Yeah." Matthew agreed. "Hopefully."