1.1

• J U L I E  A B E L •

Noah laid on Julie's lap as she played with his dirty blonde hair, looking down at him with a light smile on her lips.

"You intrigue me, Julie." Noah whispered, his eyes closed as rays of sunlight hit small areas of his face.

Julie giggled. "How so?" She asked him, continuing to run the tips of her fingers through his hair.

"You're not like anyone I've ever met before." Noah said, now peaking his gorgeous blue eyes to meet with hers. "You're funny without trying too hard, you're sweet without being cliché. You're just...surreal." Noah was now sat up, the same boyish grin from the day they had met was spread wide on his face.

"I don't think Im as great as you're saying I am." It meant a lot for Julie to hear those words from Noah. It wasn't often that she received compliments like what he gave her, sometimes she'd even forget a compliment because she knew it didn't matter. The only comments imbedded on her head was those of which given to her by the same boy she wanted to forget, at least for a while.

Julie all of a sudden wanted to frown. God, Im thinking about Matthew again. Her inner voice told her as she tried her hardest not to pound her head hard on the tree they were laying against.

"Not to mention incredibly humble too." Noah chuckled. Don't think about Matthew. She repeated to herself as though it was an anthem to be lived upon.  

Noah suddenly took a hold of her cheek, her eyes directly staring into his as her breath hitched with the sudden touch. "I know we've only met a few weeks ago..." Noah said to her, stoking his thumb against her skin. Don't think about Matthew.

"But I just know you're someone special." Noah continued. Don't think about Matthew.

Julie's heart raced, her adrenaline pumping, her nerves causing her hands to numb. "God, I cant stop thinking about you. I cant stop wishing I could spend every single minute with you.." This was something special. Julie told herself. Sparks should be flying and your heart is supposed to flutter even with his slightest touch. She kept telling herself. But why, now of all times, are you still thinking about Matthew?

"I cant stop wishing I could hold your hand and be close to you." Noah's head started sinking in, his lips so close to her's that another move would cause their lips to touch. Stop! She screamed at herself. Stop thinking about Matthew!

"I cant stop wishing you were mine." Noah whispered, sinking his lips towards hers, her eyes now shut and her mind empty, despite one little thought that kept rolling back in her head, fixed in her memories like a tattoo. The only boy she wanted to be hers.

With one last reminder, the voice in her head whispered, Stop thinking about Matthew.

_____________

AN: I don't know about you guys, but so far this is my favorite chapter. By the way this book is already half way over so just giving you guys a heads up.

-alyssa