Chapter 2: The Neighbor Boy

Chapter 2: The neighbor Boy

The second I get home I quickly change and get into my night clothes hoping by the time Blake gets home I'll be sleep, and won't have to da with him.

It's been a week since we started staying together, a month since the accident. Our parents are off on their vacation. I'm still best friend less.

The doorbell ringing breaks me out of my moping and I trudge to the door.

Blake must have forgotten his door key.

Great, now I have to see his face.

Without checking the peephole I throw the door open and I'm shocked when the guy standing at the door isn't Blake.

"Um hi," the guy says running a hand through his black hair before leaning against my door frame awkwardly.

"Hi," I say raising a brow.

The guy looks around my age but I've never seen him around before.

"My mom wanted to know if you guys happened to have an extra lightbulb." He says, "she dropped the last one and now our kitchen has no light." He laughs awkwardly.

"Um yea, come on in." I tell him as I walk into the closet in the kitchen where Blake thought it was wise to put everything. I stand on my tip toes to reach for the bulb since it's on the top shelf but I can't reach it.

"Uh, I'll get it," he says coming up behind me to reach over me to get the bulb.

"What's going on here?"

Oh god.

The neighbor guy jumps away from me with the bulb in his hand as he stares at. Blake in bewilderment.

Blake's eyes are partially glazed and I can smell alcohol on him.

Oh great.

"Our neighbor needed a light bulb." I say as calmly as possible as I shut the closet door and cross my arms, glaring at Blake.

He looks the neighbor who looks nervous, up and down.

"You can go now." He tells the neighbor waving his hand at him in a dismissive gesture.

The neighbor quickly leaves, only giving me a nod.

Before I can turn and start fussing at him Blake's arms wrap around me.

---------------

So, this is extremely short, sorry, I just got done writing chapter two of THE RIOT, my NANOWRIMO story. Just that chapter alone was 3,047 words, so I'm pooped. I have like 46 thousand, and something words left if you count chapter 1. Anyways, I'll try to start updating this often again but I don't know when.

GO CHECK OUT CRAZY HOUSE, AND THE RIOT!!!