Chapter 15: A date

Chapter 15: A date

It’s just a date with Blake.

I remind myself for the thousandth time in one night as I look in the mirror.

Blake and I are going on a date to a secret restaurant. He hasn’t told me where exactly, but he’s going to have to soon since I’m going to drive because of his problem with his legs and feet.

I’m wearing a simple black dress that’s tight in all the right places. My hair is down and curled at the ends. I’m wearing black heels, and natural looking makeup.

I let out a sigh before walking downstairs to the living room. Blake is sitting down on the couch wearing black slacks, and a white button up shirt. When he sees me he gives me a smile. He waits until I make it all the way down the stairs before standing up. Instead of his crutches he has a white walking stick, that looks like something a pimp would have.

That’s not right…

He’s supposed to still be using the crutches.

“Blake.” I say with worry in my voice.

“Don’t start.” He says obviously knowing what I’m going to say.

“Blak-”

“Allison, don’t.” He says seriously, and I can tell he’s about to lose his temper. He’s been really touchy lately whenever someone brings up the subject of his condition.

“Okay.” I say letting out a breath before picking up my keys from the counter.

Blake walks, well limps over to me, and I can tell he’s struggling but I don’t say anything, because I know he’s going to snap.

I hook my arm through his when he offers it, and I feel a little better since I can feel him leaning on me a little bit. We walk outside and I’m surprised to see a limo sitting in our driveway behind our cars.

I glance at Blake who gives me a grin, “You didn’t really think I was going to let you drive, did you?” He asks.

“Well since you can’t drive, yea.” I tell him cringing at the way it comes out, but Blake doesn’t seem to notice.

“Well, that was dumb of you to think.” He says as we walk to the limo. The driver opens the door for us, and Blake lets me get in first as he leans against the limo.

He’s already hurting and struggling, but he’ll never admit it.

I let out a sigh as he gets in and the driver closes the door behind him. “What?” He asks raising a brow.