Chapter 14: Face It

Chapter 14: Face It

Blake has been in physical therapy for a week now. He’s making progress. They think he’ll be able to move from a wheelchair to crutches soon. And then he may need to use a walking stick for a good part of his life, if he doesn’t fully heal.

But he’ll be okay.

I park my car outside of the physical therapy building, before going in. Sheila -the receptionist- smiles at me “He’ll be out in a sec, take a seat.” She tells me motioning to a seat, and I nod.

I sit down in the seat, and a couple of minutes later, Blake comes out, and I’m surprised to see him on his crutches instead of the wheelchair. He’s not suppose to switch for at least another week.

I frown at him as he smiles at me and makes his way over. I can tell he’s struggling, but he’s trying to push through it.

“At this rate I’ll be driving soon.” He says leaning forward and giving me a sweet, but chaste kiss on the cheek.

No, we’re not back together, but Blake likes to give me kisses on my cheeks and forehead.

“I don’t think so.” I tell him opening the door.

“Maybe not, but I’ll be able to do something as simple as opening a door.” He says and I can tell he’s sad.

The doctors warned up that Blake may have some anxiety problems, but for a while he didn’t show it. Now, we’re all starting to notice it. And I’m pretty sure he isn’t taking his meds.

“Don’t stress it.” I tell him walking to the passenger side of my car and opening the door for him. “You’re not going to be handicap your whole life, and even if you are, it doesn’t matter to me.” I tell him.

He smiles at me, “Are you trying to flirt with me?” He asks and I can tell his mood is brightening.

“Maybe.” I tell him before walking around to my side of the car.

I get into the driver’s side, and just as I’m about to start the car he grabs ahold of my hand.

“Allison.” He says lightly, and I turn to look at him.

“I want to take you out on a date.” He says.

“Maybe after you get better.” I tell him and it’s one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. I don’t want him to think I’m rejecting him. Or that I see him different now that he’s barely able to walk, “Right now, we need to focus solely on you.”

Blake shakes his head, “No, because lets face it, if we try waiting on me to get better, we may be waiting a while.”

“Blake, don’t say that.”

“Allison, it’s true and you know it, I may not be able to ever walk on my own again.”

====

Q/N:

Hey y'all it's been a while. Sorry 'bout that. I just don't feel connected to this story anymore, if you know what I mean. So yea...