Chapter Ten

Myah

"That was surprisingly good," Jorie's voice filled my ears as we made our way out of the theater.

I'd like to respond, but I didn't know Rome would ditch us, so therefore I left my whiteboard at home. Childish.

It had been sort of awkward, because Cass and Shawna had, to say the least, paid very little attention to the movie. Jorie didn't mind though, and had even bought all of our drinks and popcorn.

Naturally, we met Rome and Daniella and the rest of the pack at the end of the corridor. Rome and Satan the Second are seperated from the group slightly. His hand is on her lower back. Her hands are at the back of his neck. And their lips are touching- passionately.

I stop dead in my tracks. Cass notices it seconds after me, and before I know it she's off. Shawna doesn't even try to stop her, instead she shoves me into the nearest bathroom, locking the door behind us.

"Myah, Myah I'm so sorry you had to see that," she murmurs, her arms instantly around my trembling shoulders. I bury my head in her thick blonde curls, my silent sobs scratching my throat.

I want to scream. I want to yell, I want to say something, anything. But I stand in Shawna's arms for what seems like an eternity before she whispers, "Myah, your brother's girlfriend is outside, to take you home." I don't question it.

Straightening my shoulders, I walk out after Shawna. The only people left in the corridor are Cass and Rome, which I was not prepaered for. Cass' face is red, as is Rome's, and I give Cass' hand a brief squeeze as Shawna leads me out. We find Layla near the front, her face full of worry.

I give Shawna a long hug before getting in the car. "Do you want to talk about it?" Layla asks. I shake my head.

She pulls off without another word.