Chapter 15

Myah

"Do you think Kena is prettier than me?" Shawna asks from her spot in front of my mirror wall, where she's been positioned for the past 30 minutes. Poking at her stomach and her thighs, tearing her fingers through her coarse curls.

I sit up on my bed, making eye contact with her through the mirror. No, she isn't. I already told you this. She huffs, sinking down and leaning against the foot of my bed. She tilts her head back to look at me, a grin forming over her face.

"Let's go shopping, the Spring Ball is this Saturday, and I refuse for you to wear that dress Layla gave you," she wiggles her eyebrows and I grin, shrugging. If it makes you feel betterokay, I sign, standing up and stretching.

"Yay! I'll go get my purse from the living room," she leaves, and I still have a silly grin on my face.

I switch out my overly large tshirt for a plain white vneck, looking over my slim figure.

Shawna has stayed the past four days with me, ever since she found Cass with Kena. It has not been easy for her, especially because Cassie refuses to leave her alone. In school, constant calls and texts, and Shawna had not given her the time of day.

I walked out into the living room, keys in hand, to see Shawna having a giggly conversation with Layla.

"Sure, it'll work. My hair is super curly just like yours," Layla says, twirling one of Shawna's curls between her fingers.

You ready? I sign to Shawna, who nods enthusiastically.

"I'll see you guys when you get back, Mason should be home," I blow her a kiss and she grins, shutting the door behind us. Shawna jumps into my car quickly, and I follow right after her. "To the mall?" I nod, pulling off quickly.

-

It's been two hours since we first got here, and it's safe to say I've had the time of my life. Shawna is such a glowing entity, even when she's depressed, that even something as dull as dress shopping becomes a party.

Wow, you look so beautiful, I'm literally in shock when Shawna comes out in her final dress, a shy smile on her face.

The dress is a gorgeous deep blue, mermaid styled, with a sweetheart neckline.

"I think this is the one, I really love it," she twirls. "Eat your heart out, Cassiopiea," she murmurs as she heads back into the dressing room.

"Guess what? Your turn!"