Chapter 16

Myah

"You're gonna look amazing, Myah, that dress is perfect for you," Shawna's voice is soft amongst the rest of the student body on Friday morning, everyone tired yet buzzing about the dance tomorrow.

Has anyone asked you yet? I sign to her, stopping at my locker right next to the office. She leans against the locker next to mine, a few loose curls from her bun falling into her face.

She smirks, adjusting her tshirt. "A couple people, I haven't really decided on who yet," she gazes past me, and a small giggle erupts from her. "Hey Jorie! Bye Jorie," she turns and walks away, shooting me a wink.

I turn left to see none other than Jorie, and I smile politely, pulling out my whiteboard. "Hey stranger," he says, his teeth flashing white against his smooth brown skin.

Hey there, long time no see, I jot down quickly, stuffing my bag into my locker.

"You look great, as always," he leans against the locker, helping me get my binder out of my bag. I bat my eyelashes dramatically, grinning. What did you need?

He shuts my locker and takes my binder for me, and we start walking down the science hallway. "Well, Miss Ride, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind being my date to the Spring Fling," he shimmies his shoulders, raising an eyebrow at me. "Please don't say you already have a date, oh god."

He stops dead in his tracks, and I can't help but laugh silently. I shake my head, writing no i dont, and i would love to be your date.

He gives a definite sigh of relief, slumping against the locker. "Great, here," he pulls out his phone, unlocking it and handing it to me. "Just text yourself and save your number, and text me back if you're really feeling it," I look up and he winks, causing us both to smile.

I do what he asks and hand him his phone, turning to walk away. "Hey, no goodbye hug?" He sounds genuinely hurt, but I turn back to see his gorgeous smile back on his face. Blushing slightly, I open my arms, and he pulls me into him.

He smells like clean clothes and polo cologne, a pleasing mixture. We pull away and he gives me another smile and a wave before heading back down the hallway.

Two minutes later, just before I hit my homeroom, Shawna jumps in my path. "Ahhh! Jorie Forrest? Go Myah!" She kisses me on the cheek and runs off, leaving me dazed with the same goofy smile on my face.

That smile drops, however, when I turn into homeroom to find Daniella sitting on mine and Rome's desk, her fake laugh echoing throughout the nearly empty classroom. Rome laughs along with her, before meeting my eyes.

I set my books on the space not occupied by Daniella's ass, and give a simple warning to Romeo.

Get your bitch before I get her.

He sees the seriousness of my expression and pulls her off, walking her to the door and kissing her briefly. She goes off and he walks back, sitting in his chair next to mine.

"Are you going to the Spring Fling?" He asks softly, and I shrug, not even looking his direction.

"Cass wants to take Shawna, but she won't answer her texts or anything." Once again I shrug. She shouldn't have cheated on her.

Rome sighs, leaning back against the chair. "We miss both of you," he whispers.

I pretend not to hear.