Chapter Eleven

Romeo

The look on Myah's face when she walks by me is unreadable. She doesn't meet my eyes and her skin is all blotchy.

I don't understand. Everyone says they want me happy, but now I am, and everyone has an issue.

Daniella had been touchy the entire movie. We sat in the row behind her friends, and she made sure my hand was on her thigh at all times. She did everything she could to touch me; play with my hair, poke my cheek, or trace circles into my neck.

She never went near my hearing aid.

In fact, she moved to the other side of me after seeing it.

When she kissed me in the hall, it felt good. Not necessarily right, or normal, but good. I've only been kissed once, in 8th grade.

But this was entirely different.

She felt warm, and she smelled like flowers. It wasn't quite as appealing as Myah's constant cinnamon roll smell, but it was nice nonetheless.

Before I could even begin to enjoy it, however, I felt a hand scoop into the collar of my shirt, yanking me backward and choking the hell out of me.

Steely grey eyes that matched mine locked on Daniella, whose face turned a brilliant shade of pink.

"Get the fuck out of here, before I fucking choke you." Daniella looked to me, as if I was going to contradict my sister, but I knew better, and I knew Cass would have no problem dragging Daniella around the theater like a rag doll.

Daniella sneered at Cass before stomping off with Karol and the others, who all looked incredibly confused.

"You, Romeo Perez, are the biggest piece of shit I have ever met. Myah is in the bathroom, probably crying, because she thought you actually gave a fuck about her," she's livid, and I cross my arms, staring down at her small frame. "You lead her on for the past month after she saved you from those bastards that beat your ass, amd has done nothing but stuck by your side since!"

"Cass, I di-" "Shut the fuck up, Rome," I hear her teeth grit together and I see her knuckles turning white. "That girls cares about you, and it wasn't enough to ditch her, you had to stick your tongue down Becky's throat where you fucking knew she would see you."

I don't know what to say. I feel my cheeks heat up, and I get even angrier because I know Cass and I look exactly alike. We stare eachother down until the bathroom door opens and Shawna, followed by Myah, emerges.

My heart stops when I see her, and as always I want to reach out to her, to hold her against me until she forgives me.

She reaches the door without even a glance back.

//

To: Myah
11:37 pm
Can we talk?

From: Myah
11:43 pm
You can't talk to Daniella? You seem close enough.

To: Myah
11:44 pm
I'm sorry, I didn't think about anything besides her. I'm sorry Myah.

From: Myah
12:22 pm
Nothing to apologize for. We're friends. Just that. If she makes you happy then I'm happy for you. I'm sleep, goodnight.

I curl up in my bed, my head buried in my pillow. A few minutes later I pick my phone up, dialing a familiar contact.

Daniella.