Misery Business

//Dean

Why the hell did you say that why would you say that now he's gonna think you have a stupid crush on him you hate him. You don't, what're you gonna do now...

Dean decided that he had to go to second period.

He walked in, seeing half the class filled. Dean quickly ran to the back of the room, alone in the back row. He buried his face in his favorite book, the one that Castiel picked up earlier, his favorite book of all time.

"Dean?"

He looked up and rolled his eyes, falling them back on the words on the pages.

"Hello, Lisa."

"Hey!" Lisa set herself down on the desk, sitting there, swinging her legs. "So I heard you've been hanging out with Castiel?"

"Yeah," Dean nodded, not looking at her, "Guy's a real p-peach."

"I'd stay away from him if I were you," Lisa warned, lowering herself to Dean.

He shuts his book, intrigued, and asked, "Why, what's wrong with him?"

"What isn't wrong with him?" Lisa scoffed, smiling to herself, "The guy's a total pyscho. He takes drugs, he smokes, drinks his ass off, and parties til he's purple. He's the man whore of the school. I heard he slept with half the football team and their coach," she flipped her hair and continued, "He spent the last summer in rehab, because he could've overdosed or whatever."

Oh my gods, Dean thought with broadened eyes, Who was this Castiel? I've never met him before.

"He and I used to be a thing," she continued, smiling to herself, "but then he left me for Snart, then he left her for another guy! Nick-o or something! He hasn't really been the same since you-know-who, you know?"

No, Dean doesn't know.

"Who's you-know-who?"

"He didn't tell you?" Lisa smirked, and leaned closer, "Cassie's all teed off because--"

Just before she was about to tell him, Castiel came into the room, out of breath, followed by the teacher, Ms. Dodds.

"Asses in seats!" She screeched and everyone scurried to their desks.

Lisa shrugged and left Dean on a cliffhanger, walking up to the front.

What was Lisa talking about?

Castiel smirked and made his way to him. There was no one sitting in the back. God no, please don't.

"I need to talk to you," he sat down next to him, setting his bag down, ignoring every word Ms. Dodds says.

"There's nothing to talk about," Dean opened his book again and ran his eyes across the pages.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to hurt you like that," Dean heard Cas has a trace of sincere in his voice, "Meg's a bitch anyways, she likes to think she has me wrapped around her finger. She doesn't, by the way, they only thing wrapped around her is her parents smothering about her grades."

Dean snickered a little, but immediately threw his serious face back on.

"You smiled," Castiel nudged him, "I know you love me, you snickered."

"Stop it," Dean closed his book, "How am I supposed to stay mad at you when you're always acting like a goofy asshat?"

"Don't be mad?" Castiel shrugged, "You can't stay mad."

Dean thought about it, and crossed his arms on his desk, "Fine," he sighed, "I forgive you."

Castiel looked happy with himself and turned to the front of the class. Dean notices how happy he looks now.