You Give Love a Bad Name

//Castiel

"No, I hate that stuff, it always stings!" Castiel whined like a four year old.

"Cmon, first period starts in five, and my class is all the way to the H rooms," Dean insisted.

He quickly cleaned his face with the damp cloth, blood gone but cuts visible.

"You didn't have to do that. Fighting them," Dean kept cleaning his face, inches from him, "I'm used to it."

"I'm not just gonna stand by and watch the two biggest nerds in school get beat up by Matt Sloan and his goons." Castiel winced as he felt the alchohol rush in through his skin.

"Trust me, I had worse," Dean cleaned the cloth in the sink, "I can handle myself."

"Like you handled it just now?" Castiel rolled his eyes.

Dean shook his head and started to clean his own face.

"You know I could do that for you?"

"And I could take on Matt on my own," Dean cleaned the last of his face and threw the cloth down, "I'm not some damsel in distress that needs saving, Cas."

Castiel stopped, remembering what Lenny had whispered to him.

"The next time you interrupt," Lenny snarled, "We bring people. After Dean. Then, when Dean end up on a bed, we'll make sure he never wakes up again."

"It's my job to protect you."

Castiel stood up and walked over to Dean.

"I didn't ask you to," Dean mumbled, closing the first aid, cleaning his glasses on his shirt. Cas stood back, not knowing what to say, except--

"Fine, I won't," Castiel lied through his gritted teeth, storming out of the room.

Screw him, his thoughts screamed, You're gonna protect him even if it kills you.

Castiel looked around him, people crowding him until the bell rang for first period.

Everyone rushed to class, except Castiel. He waited until everyone has gone.

He leaned back against a locker, looking both ways. He reached into his pocket and grabbed a cigarette, lighting it up and placing it between his lips. Cas needed this, he needed to relax.

"You know, there's no smoking on school property."

Her wavy brown hair fell down on her shoulders, wearing a leather jacket and dark clothes, and a smirk on her face.

"Fuck off, Meg," Castiel rolled his eyes, smoking puffs until the second bell for first period started to ring.

"You're late for class," Meg joined him, leaning her back on the lockers.

"What's got your g-string in a knot?" She hooked a finger on Castiel's belt, "Did Poindexter not like you?"

"Just stressed," Castiel kept huffing and puffing, "I beat up three guys for Dean and he told me it wasn't my 'job' to protect him."

"His loss..." Meg used her other hand to stroke Castiel's hair.

"I mean, if you beaten up guys for me, I'd give you a time you'll never climb down from," she leaned in, close enough to be nose to nose with Cas, "Besides, why should a catch like you settle for one person?"