The Bellwood Breed-2

Chapter Two

"I get the feeling that I’m not exactly their favorite person." I nodded towards a few of the beautiful faces I sat with during lunch. I was trailing behind Avery like his shadow. He was the only person I knew, well the only nice one anyway.

The handsome boy, who's name I learned was Ryder, stood with a beautiful brown skinned girl with the same gorgeous features as the others, and the same girl who had been sitting next to him at lunch. The three of them stood watching Avery and I with distaste on their faces.

"They're all really angelic once you get to know them." He laughed at some inside joke that I clearly missed.

"It doesn't seem like it." I mumbled.

"They're pretty sensitive to outsiders, that's all." Well thanks, that helped a lot. "Once they warm up to you, the ice will melt right off and they'll treat you like family."

"Who said I'd be sticking around?" I could take a hint, and clearly, those kids didn't like me.

Avery cocked a brow, almost as if I had amused him. "No one turns our friendship down." He wasn't cocky when he said this, just matter-of-fact, and I believed him, the way others watched their every move with longing on their faces told me that much.

"I think I'm missing the whole "friend" part in this."

"Come, don't worry they won't hurt you." He laughed as he pulled me with him. Two other students from their table had already joined them. The redhead was the only one missing. She came strolling out shortly after, gliding across the gym floor with her head held high. They made even their gym clothes look like high fashion.

"Do you guys always move in a pack?" I whispered underneath my breath.

He laughed. "I told you we're like family."

I still couldn't believe I was sitting with them while we listened to instructions from the teacher. As they sat cross legged or with their knees pulled to their chest, they still sat rail straight. They were too perfect for their own good. I did my best to not stare at each of their faces, failing when the tall one with ash blonde hair winked at me, instantly setting my cheeks on fire.

"Alright! Form a group, eight people and no more!" Why gym teachers always had to yell was beyond me.

The seven of them all stood gracefully, while Avery on the other hand, had to pull me to my feet. "What are we doing?"

"Relay races." Avery smiled.

"You'd better be fast." Ryder crossed his arms as he looked at me.

I swallowed hard. My athletic skills had always been slightly above average, I had been captain of the volleyball team at my old school, and co lacrosse captain of junior varsity my freshman year. But I didn't think I'd be able to compare with these kids. Something told me they were remarkable at everything they tried their hands at. If only I had that kind of grace...