The Bellwood Breed-33

*PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!*

******

My jaw hit the floor as I started up at the tall guy in front of me.

"Sebastian?" I said in disbelief. In just a few months, his hair had grown out, his facial features had become more defined, and he'd put out muscle. This was not the same scared kid I had once saved.

"So you remember me." He smiled. Something about the way his lips turned up sent shivers down my spine.

"B-but, what are you doing here? Why are you here?"

He circled me as he began to speak. "I work for Alec, remember?" He sneered.

"Yes but...why? You hated it, and...and I saved you!"

He scoffed. "Saved me? You killed my father." His eyes went hard.

"Who mistreated you!" I defended. "You were hurt, and scared, and living in an attic!"

"Oh Riley." He laughed. "You silly, silly girl." His laugh was almost spiteful. "I wan never hurt, or scared."

"But I saw him hit you!" I countered.

"Yes, because I allowed him too." He said casually. "I let him believe he had power over me then. But now, now I know who and what I really am."

"I don't get it." I said quietly. None of this made sense.

"Well let me help you understand." He said as he got in my face.

I realized he had a knife in his hand. He took it and grazed it across my skin. I winced at the coolness of the metal. He stood up straight and began circling me as if I were his prey again.

"I had always been a shy, quiet kid." He almost laughed. "But, I had a dark side," he reminisced, sending shivers down my spine. "I'd always been a little violent. Okay, well not a little, really violent. Just ask my step-dad." He said lowly. "After my mom passed, I got even more out of control, being sent in to these bad out burst every now and then. Which is probably how those two people on New York died. Hmm, such a tragedy." He said with fake sympathy and a shake of his head. "Anyway, when I wasn't being beat on by my step-dad, I was locked up in the attic. It was his sorry attempts at containing who I really was." He bent down on front of me again. "See Riley, you and I are a lot alike."

"How?" I dared to ask in a shaky voice.

He took his knife and pressed it to my skin again, this time the blade nearly nipping my cheek. "We tried to fight who we are, what we really are." He said simply. "For the longest time I thought I was this, sad, scared little boy. And so did you. But we were both wrong. Shortly after you so rudely murdered my father, my 16th birthday came. And when it did, who I really was came with it."

"You're a Darklighter." I breathed in realization. When I first met him, he hadn't been yet, but he's chosen sides now.

"Ding ding ding." He said sarcastically.

"But...how?" I breathed.

He shrugged. "My mother. She was a sweet woman, really, she was. Was a Whitelighter and everything." He rubbed his hands together. "But, you see where that got her. So, of course I went dark. And now, I'm going to avenge my parents death..." He looked right at me. "Starting...with you." He pointed his knife at me.

I swallowed hard. "Where's Alec?"

"Oh don't worry, he'll be home soon. He won't be happy that you set his precious girl free either, or killed his girlfriend." He laughed darkly. "Honestly I could care less about your sister though. She's a little brat anyway."