The Bellwood Breed-37

Avery's POV

I didn't know what kind of dark magic he was using, but I couldn't move, or even so much as speak. I was completely cut off from the rest of the group. Every time I tried to take a step towards Riley, something held me back.

I could clearly see what he was trying to do. He was manipulating her, using his so called "love" for her to coax her into doing anything he wanted. I could see it in her eyes, she was falling for it. I couldn't let her lose herself, not to him, not to being a Darklighter.

I knew from the start that he was no good, I could smell it on him the moment I laid eyes on him. My gut was never wrong, and it only proved me right yet again. I should have known he was a Darklighter the moment he got sick after we put that blessing over Riley's home. Andrew had somehow managed to elude us all.

I was trying to work at this from every angle, but I couldn't do anything, I was stuck, literally.

"Think about it Ri...don't you want to have the entire world at your finger tips? Our kind could dominant the universe, all of mankind would bow down to us, we need you Riley." His words grazed my skin like burning flames.

That was why they needed Riley, they knew full well who she was and what she was capable of, they were using her for their own personal gain. I knew he had plans to enslave all of mankind, and I knew he wanted nothing more then to see them suffer. I couldn't let him get away with this.

My body surged with rage as I watched him yank her necklace from her neck, tossing it to the floor like a piece of worthless trash.

No!

I screamed in my head. He was going to talk her into choosing sides. Her eyes were slightly glazed over as she watched him with her lips parted open slightly. I was screaming at her in the inside.

She had to fight him, he may have appeared to be someone she could trust, but he was nothing of the such, he was vile and sinister, a manipulator and cold hearted killer, and he couldn't give a care in the world about Riley. He was hardly capable.

"Come on Riley. The decision is yours, all you have to do is choose." He coaxed. He stroked her cheek as he stared into her eyes, making her believe he was being genuine. I saw right through him.

"Andrew...I, I don't know how." She breathed.

I was beginning to panic, although I could see right through him, she couldn't. She was going to give in to him, and I couldn't even stop her.

"Let the darkness take over, feel it, feel the rage within you. Don't fight it, let it surface." He prodded.

I was dying inside as darkness began to swirl around their feet, he was calling out to them, summoning them out into the open. My body prickled almost with physical pain at the discomfort they brought on.

Withery voices egged her on as dark shadows began to creep up. I could almost see the outline of something sinister. She was feeding into it, leaning further into the darkness. Her eyes had gone dark as a deep snarl erupted from her parted lips.

Come on Avery do something! Anything!

My eyes caught site of her key, it was at least two feet away from me. I could easily reach out and grab if only I could move. I had decided I would yank his bracelet from her wrist, replacing it with her own key. The bracelet held too much power over her, it was dark and evil, and I should have known all along.

I was feeling weak, and it was starting to eat me alive in the inside. I could lose my girlfriend, the girl I loved, the girl who I had fought for, just like that. Riley and I had been through so much in such a short amount of time. I didn't care that Andrew had intentions to kill me the moment I tried anything. He knew I would and I didn't understand why he didn't just do away with me from the start.