The Bellwood Breed-58

"Oh my gosh Riley!" Avery caught me in an embrace. "You had us worried sick, do you know what happened the last time you ran away from us? we both ended up dying." he chuckled a little as he hugged me. "What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking that I needed to get away from you all before you did something completely irrational."

He frowned. "Look Riley-"

I held up hand. "You may as well save it, there's no way to justify it Avery, I won't allow it, and that's an order." I knew as rightful heir to the thrown, I could stress this power, and I would go to great lengths to protect Sebastian if I had to.

He frowned. "Riley, I...look, I understand where you're coming from, I agree, it's downright wrong, but we can't just not do anything."

"Riley where's the baby?" Ryder interrupted our conversation.

I folded my arms across my chest. "He's safe, and his name is Sebastian."

"Riley you have to bring us that baby." His voice was almost urgent.

"Why? So you all can kill him? I don't think so."

"No you don't understand, he's evil, nothing good can come of him." He said matter-of-factly.

"And just how would you know? He's only hours old, what damage could he really do?"

He pulled on my elbow as he practically dragged me to the living room. the others were all standing around the TV watching breaking news.

"Witnesses say that all sources of power went out at approximately the same time across the nation from coast to coast just hours ago. Others have found their livestock deceased from unexplainable causes while crows continue to litter the skys from coast to coast." The picture on television switched from a woman with a short cut speaking, to a clip of animals pacing in their cages. "The unexplained events, as of now, can only be explained as a change in earths environment. Environmentalist and scientist from across the board are still piecing together the few pieces they have. Cities are still working to get everyone's power back up and running. I'm Erica Matthews and-"

Ryder cut the tv off and turned to me. "You were saying?"

I blinked, unable to focus, or comprehend what was going on. "I-I don't understand, you think this is because of him? He's just a baby, how could he be the root of all of this?"

"Riley the power outages occurred at approximately 6:13 this evening, which is the same time he was born." Avery said grimly. He looked as if he hated to agree with them.

"A far greater evil then we can comprehend has been unleashed into this realm, and right now, there's nothing, and no one to stop him." Ryder continued. "The only way we can stand a chance against him is to end it now."

I thought of Aunt Beth's words and my blood began to boil. "Listen to yourself! this is a living, breathing, baby boy you're talking about, not some evil, twisted creature!" I was breathing hard, they just didn't understand how precious he really was. I felt like I was under the judgement of all seven pairs of their eyes for siding with the baby.

Aunt Beth had been very clear on what I had to do, which was to protect him, and that's exactly what I was going to do.

"What about Lexi? You've all seemed to have forgotten that his mother is not only human, and aware that she's given birth to a child, which you're trying to murder by the way, but she's also my sister, which makes him my nephew. I'm sorry but, I won't allow you near him."

"Riley..." Winter cleared her throat sadly as she came and rested a hand on my shoulder, calming my frayed nerves. "I'm sorry but, they've already told her she lost the baby, it was for the best." Her eyes were somber.