Chapter 18

Warning: Caroline's pov could be triggering, please be aware!

After awhile of me and Adam were talking, Beth came down and fed us with some soup and took me off my chains. There was a bucket in the corner and we all know what that's for. I walked around searching for possibly a way out but there's nothing in the room. It's just a room of nothingness and no way out. We tried yelling but nobody came, not even Beth. 

"How about we gang up on one of them?" I ask Adam.

"I saw a knife in their pocket and your dad has a gun. If one of us go down or make one wrong move, we might die" He says in pure disappointment.

We sit down a sigh. There's no use, nothing here to save us.

Josh's pov

"Let's look over our clues all over again" Detective Kyle says trying to fix the papers scattered on his Desk.

"I'm so sorry. Fuck I should-"

"No Simon, this isn't your fault. You and Vikk were concentrating and I get that. Now can we please all stop feeling the guilt and try to save her? There has to be something here" I say holding the file. Simon takes a deep breath and nods.

"Well from the camera, the license plate was covered except the first half. The problem is, almost 300 people have the same beginning" Kyle says looking at the email on his computer.

"That many in the UK?" I ask.

"I'm trying to look into that. Wait, got it! There's 3 cars with the same beginning. There's Sarah Dawns, Brandon Smith, and Suzan Wild" Kyle says writing down the names on the paper.

"Do you know where they live?" Simon asks.

"I have it right here!" Kyle exclaims. "Let's go and visit Sarah dawn".

Caroline's pov 

We sit there, tired but afraid to fall asleep. We were about to assign a sleeping schedule until we hear the door open and my father walk down the stairs with a man i've never seen. 

"She's there Stan" My father says and leaves the room closing the door. Stan starts walking towards me. I look at Adam and Adam looks at me with the expression that he's there to protect me if he tries to do something.

"Caroline?" He asks squating down next to me. I look at him, sitting there frozen. He strokes my cheek and I move to the side trying to get his hand off me. 

"Oh Caroline, you beauty" He says and Adam stands up, tensing up a but.

"Who's this?" Stan asks walking over to Adam.

"None of your business" Adam says and Stan nods.

"You can be however you want, you're not my main business" Stan whispers/ explains.

"Caroline swallow this" He says handing me a pill. I shake my head saying no.

"If you don't, you're going to be awake for what's about to happen" Stan says. I look at Adam, hoping he would do something but he's confused as well.

"What are you planing?" Adam speaks up.

"Now, I'm not a bad guy. This is the last thing I want to do surprisingly" Stan said walking over to Adam.

"Then help us get out of here" Adam begs.

"But you need to work for that" he says and walks over to me. "If you don't take the pill, you're going to be awake and you don't want to be awake"

"Adam, when I come back, and if I do come back. I expect to see you alive" I say trying to brighten up the mood.

"No need to tell me twice" Adam says with his head down. Deep down he knew that he can't stop me from taking the pill or try and kill Stan. If he did he would get us both killed, possibly giving Beth and my dad more motivation to torture us.

I swallow the pill and get picked up, carried up the stairs, the pill slowly drifting me to a deep sleep.