Chapter 4

Caroline's pov

I'm not used to talking about my feelings. When Josh asked me to talk about my feelings, lets just say it's something I haven't experienced in a long ass time.

"Well, um... I don't know. When I was young my family had a drug problem and got addicted to where it brought them to a financial problem. One day we were driving as a family and parked in front of a large building. That's the day they dropped me off at the orphanage. At first I thought we were going to a family member that I never met but instead they told me, "Remember honey, we'll be back. We love you no matter what". After that day, I stayed at the orphanage for 4 years until a couple came to adopt me. I thought it was a new beginning but instead it... was... torture." I said about to cry. It's been years and it's still haunting me? Why?

"It's ok, you're safe here. You can stop if you want, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." Josh says while hugging me tightly. I don't know why but that's when I breakdown. It's been a long time since someone cared about me feelings.... and it feels nice.

"Josh?" I say.

"Yes?"

"Thank you once again..." I say still hugging Josh.

"For what?"

"For being there" I say starting to fall asleep...

(In Caroline's dream)

"I missed you" I hear behind me. Wait, who's that?

I turn around to see my mother and father hovering over me. They have blood on their hands and I hear a faint noise in the background. I try backing up but there was a wall behind me stopping me.

"M-mom? D-dad?" Wtf is going on?

"We're here to bring you back home" My mom says grabbing my shoulder. I try shaking her off but no matter what I do, I'm stuck. I look past their shoulders and see someone laying down breathing slowly. I try to see who it is but I still can't tell who it is.

"Who's t-that?" I ask my dad. He smirks and moves to the side a bit for me to see clearly. I can see some clear features like the color of his hair are black, and he had a wound on his leg.

"Josh?" I say. The figure turns and it's clear the person isn't Josh. But who would it be? Out of nowhere I feel pain on my shoulder.

(Out of Caroline's dream)

I wake to my pillow drenched in sweat. I'm guessing Josh tucked me into bed. I get up and go to the kitchen and grab some water. What was my dream all about?

"You alright?" Simon asks walking towards the fridge. I look at the clock and see it 5:00 am. It's early but not too early.

"Yeah, just had a small nightmare" I say looking at my water.

"You want to talk about it?" He asks in a concerned voice. I look up to see him eating a fruit snack and looking at me.

"Nah, nothing special" I say truthfully. I still don't understand what happened myself.

"Why are you up?" I ask.

"I just finished making a Fifa video and I went to grab something to eat before going to bed" I nod and take a sip from my water.

"I'm going to go to bed. If you can't fall asleep or have another nightmare, my door is open" Simon says throwing away his trash.

"Thanks" I say. Simon messes with my hair before leaving the room. I fix my hair and walk to my room with me water. I sit there staring at the ceiling for who-knows how long before I fall asleep once again.