01

.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.

     jihoon sat in his seat in front of the wooden piano, harshly slamming his fingers onto the keys. the keys emitted the noise, dissonance ringing throughout the room.

fortunately for him, none of the band directors had stayed after school. it was two in the afternoon, and he had the room to himself. he didn't want to go home to hear the constant rambles that his mother would give him, so he decided to stay.

he wasn't supposed to be in the band room when there wasn't any band directors inside; nobody was allowed to do so. however, he had his own ways of getting in.

he couldn't figure out what to do; the performance was coming up, yet he had no idea on who to work with. there was nobody that seemed worthy of accompanying him on such an ethereal piece such as his, and he knew that he couldn't sing it. his voice simply didn't suit it, but he wanted his story to be told.

would anyone be worthy of telling his story for him?

he stood up, letting out a groan, and headed towards the room in which the instruments were at. he still had his clarinet beside him, and had to put it away. he needed to be home early so that he wouldn't need to deal with his parents.

he was taking his time, only to become startled when he heard the door open and close. various voices were being emitted throughout the room, the majority of them being unrecognizable. he didn't know whether or not he wanted to head out, knowing that it would be incredibly awkward.

"dude, turn the machine on already," a voice complained.

it was mingyu's.

"i'm on it, sheesh," soonyoung replied. "stop complaining, mingyu. go make out with your boyfriend or something."

mingyu let out a scoff, hearing the stifled laughters around him. jihoon tried to figure out whose voices they were, but couldn't do so. he thought that it'd be too awkward for him to leave until they were done, and hoped that it would work.

+

they had been doing karaoke for a half hour already, and it was seokmin's turn to sing. at least, that's what jihoon had heard. he knew seokmin; he was a classmate of his. he wondered how his voice would sound like, not knowing that he was the type of person to sing. he would probably sing terribly, jihoon had thought.

seokmin chose to sing the little prince, a song by ryeowook; a difficult one to add onto that. jihoon let out a small laugh, knowing that what he was about to hear wasn't going to be good. he looked at the time on the clock, hoping that it wouldn't be too late at this point. it was 3:01 pm.

the track started playing, leaving jihoon to feel tense. the others started cheering for seokmin, calling him the "king of karaoke." jihoon waited to hear the first foul note that would come out of seokmin's mouth, but was genuinely shocked when he heard a gentle, soft note. he became intrigued by seokmin's voice, and found himself becoming completely immersed in it. he thought of it as honey, something overly sweet that he could not handle. he forgot to stay silent, and let out a gasp. fortunately, nobody had heard it. however, he had forgotten that he had his body leaning against a tuba case, and knocked it over with his elbow. the case fell, causing a loud 'boom' to be heard.

they all headed to the small room, causing jihoon to panic. he needed to hide, and make sure to not be caught. at least, not be caught awake. he quickly headed inside the huge shelf which had held the other tubas, and laid down there. he closed his eyes, pretending to be asleep.

the others finally headed in, seeing the case on the floor. they were a bit confused, some a bit paranoid. soonyoung caught sight of something between the crack of the shelf's door, and peeked.

"guys, i think jihoon's there...?" soonyoung stated, confused.

"what the-" mingyu cut himself off. "really? is he okay? you know he passes out frequently."

"yeah, i know mingyu," soonyoung bluntly replied.

he opened the door, revealing jihoon lying down. his eyes were closed, and a blank look was on his face. soonyoung shook him awake, and saw the startled look on his face.

"what are you guys doing here...?" jihoon asked, pretending not to be aware.

"we were wondering that as well," mingyu snapped.

"i don't know... i was by that case, and the next thing you know, i'm here!" jihoon angrily shouted. "why are you so upset?"

"you've been here the whole time, right?" mingyu asked. "what were you doing here?"

"i didn't want to go home, that's all."

mingyu shot jihoon a guilty look, and nodded slowly. "i understand. sorry for sounding so rude."

jihoon stood there by himself, not knowing what to do next. he looked at everyone else leave, until someone had stopped in their tracks. they turned around to face jihoon, and shot a bright smile.

"do you want to join us for some karaoke?"

— a/n —

oh heck i'm so blessed !
this is gonna b lit !

i hope that high school! seokhoon is
something that you'll love ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。