05

.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.

silence rung throughout the lee's house, a sense of eeriness spreading. jihoon watched as his mother's small, red lips curve upwards into a smirk. she let out a slight chuckle, and flicked her hair off of her shoulder onto her back, her voluminous curls bouncing from the movement.

"you're grounded."

jihoon nodded, not even attempting to debate with her. he walked upstairs, his eyes becoming droopy. the vision that his eyes provided was becoming blurred, the headache in his head thumping vigorously. he chose to ignore it all, because it would have been a bother.

it only got worse once he saw the family portraits on the wall; they made him feel off, but he couldn't place it. he faced to the front, and looked at his room from the distance.

he saw the dull white walls that had seeped into his mind perfectly, their hue something that he had grown to hate. he'd grown too familiar to his room, he wanted to escape from it all.

it was both a curse and a blessing to him, the contradiction making him hate the room even more than he should have. it was his safe place, after all.

he walked in, closing the door and turning the lights on. he sat on his bed, and stared off into the distance. his eyes peered over to the window, only to see a dim light glistening in the corner.

he would usually leave it alone and not focus on things that happened outdoors, but he couldn't help but stare this one time. the light flickered, causing his neighbor to scream.

it sounded familiar to him, but he couldn't figure whose voice it belonged to. he peeked from his window, trying to gain vision. the vast sky was a cascading color, if it weren't for the dim light, the other side would have probably been pitch black.

the car started, and drove away. jihoon wanted to know who was across the street, letting out a scream over a flickering light. he let out a stifled laugh, and looked back to his sheet music. he wanted to compose a piece about the night sky he'd just seen, but couldn't do so.

his fingers were itching to play a melody on the piano, they twitched over the instrument in front of him. he would have loved to play his heart out, but he couldn't. he was grounded.

if he were to play at this moment, his piano would have been broken in half. all of the memories that came along with it would have been taken away, smushed into broken shards, just like the heart he had inside his body.

he'd developed a cold front due to his mother. he knew that, and it made him feel bad. he couldn't change that now, he'd learned how to do it subconsciously, and didn't even realize it. that was, until someone would point it out.

they'd always point it out in a negative way, as if they had wanted to degrade him. his classmates weren't fond of him, either way. yes, they respected him as a musician, but as an actual person?

they loathed him.

if he was deemed as normal to society, maybe then he'd be idolized. he chuckled at the thought. he would never want to imagine himself as some mediocre person. society changed everyone for the worse. they'd make everyone become narrow minded, telling them that questioning anything was bad. they were being taught that being uneducated and agreeing to anything that media showed was correct.

jihoon wanted everyone to realize how stupid they had been, but he knew that there wasn't a point. they'd already been sucked in too far, it was too late. fortunately, his friends had the same mindset as him, and weren't afraid to be themselves. he was thankful for them.

he was about to write a blurb, until his phone rang. it was from an unknown number, but he answered nonetheless. he needed to know if anything was potentially wrong.

"is this lee jihoon?" a feminine voice asked, her tone serious.

"yes, it is," jihoon answered, his voice shaking.

he knew about his father's situation.

"your father keeps calling for you... he won't stop. can you visit him?"

jihoon hung up, and quickly grabbed his coat. he put it on a rush, quickly running downstairs. his mom had tried asking him where he was going, but he didn't have time to wait.

his father was probably not going to get better anytime soon, or ever. he'd probably end up dying, jihoon had thought.

he got in his car, and drove off.

— a/n —

this is a double update, so make sure you check the other chapter, thank you!

also, thank you for supporting me! i appreciate
it so so so SO much !!