08

.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.

     "good morning, seokmin."

seokmin's eyes fluttered open, their pupils expanding from the sight of soonyoung's home. he had fallen asleep without knowing it once again, and soonyoung had to carry him home.

"i'm sorry, soonyoung."

soonyoung shook his head, a wide smile spread across his face. he held the tray in his hand tightly, and gave it to seokmin. he hoped that he had cooked the food decent enough for seokmin to eat.

"you made me breakfast?"
"just eat it already, we're gonna be late for school."

+

seokmin and soonyoung arrived to school, getting their late passes, and then headed towards their class. seokmin let out a sigh, hoping that he wouldn't have to deal with anything ridiculous today, like pop quizzes.

soonyoung opened the door, and let seokmin walk in first. he watched as seokmin's smile shone across the entire classroom, automatically grabbing people's attention.

"hey seokmin!" yuju greeted. "where's soonyoung?"

seokmin pointed behind him, while soonyoung smiled, waving his hand excitedly. however, his smile was forced, annoyed by yuju's presence. he loathed her for several reasons.

seokmin sat beside yuju, and grabbed his supplies out. he looked back at soonyoung at his desk, but couldn't help but feel worried. he knew that something was wrong with him, but he didn't know what it was.

he kept looking behind, only to get scolded by miss kang, his teacher.

"seokmin, you've been looking behind this whole time," miss kang stated. "i'm sorry, but you're going to have to move seats. hani, switch spots with seokmin."

hani rolled her eyes, and stood up, moving to her new desk. "seokmin... i swear... what did i do to make you hate me so much?"

seokmin nervously smiled, and bowed. "i'm sorry, i really am. try to get your way out of it."

seokmin sat in his new desk, beside jihoon. he plopped his supplies down, startling him. jihoon glared at him, a dark aura surrounding him.

seokmin uttered a 'sorry,' and opened his notebook. he looked down at his paper, only to see his sketches from the day before. he remembered the story behind every sketch, a sense of sadness overwhelming him.

"they're nice," jihoon mumbled. "you're good at drawing."

seokmin turned to face jihoon, and flashed a bigger smile than he usually showed. "thank you!"

he continued to sketch, only to be interrupted by his own teacher.

"you guys may have forgotten..." she cleared her throat, and adjusted her collar. "but we have a field trip to jeju sometime soon. i'll pass out the permission slips."

seungkwan slammed his hands on his desk, and started shouting. "my mom's from jeju! i used to live there!"

the majority of his classmates glared at him as if he had committed a huge crime, while others just dozed off. however, seokmin joined in on the excitement, and shouted with him.

"that's cool!" he shouted, grabbing his classmates' attention. "does that mean you know the place well?"

"of course!" seungkwan's hand gestures were grand, now intriguing his classmates.

"jeju won't be a match for booseoksoon!" soonyoung joined in, letting the three get into their iconic pose.

"i, the great lee seokmin from the depths of-"

"go back to your seats." miss kang cleared her throat, and repositioned her glasses.

the three returned to their seats, sulking from being interrupted. miss kang passed the permission slips out, and let them converse for the remainder of class.

seokmin watched as jihoon put his schoolwork away in an orderly manner, seeing his overly organized binder. he saw jihoon put his binder away, only to see a backpack that was even neater than anyone could expect. by this impression, he knew that there was a word that could describe jihoon perfectly;

organized.
well-put.
neat.

the bell rung, so he bid a farewell to jihoon, and walked off with soonyoung. they calmly walked to their dance class, one of their favorite courses.

"so," soonyoung muttered. "how do you feel about your new partner?"

"jihoon?" seokmin asked, perking up. "he's... well... neat? he's really organized!"

he sighed, returning into a sulking position. "he seems really put together. i wish i could be like him."

"you're perfectly fine the way you are," soonyoung reassured, putting his arm around seokmin's shoulder. "you're really cool, seokmin... don't be so self conscious of yourself, okay?"

seokmin nodded, only to have his thoughts trace back to jihoon. he intrigued him; something about jihoon just begged him to try to figure him out. everything was out there, he showed himself perfectly in public, but it was as if he longed to analyze the boy right on the spot, until he was like a complete puzzle. 

"lee jihoon..." he whispered. "hm. sounds simple."

—— a/n ——

sorry for updating so late! i've been going through a lot, and i've been busy with school!!
please wish me luck ʚ♡⃛ɞ⋆。˚