12

soonyoung was devastated. he had been close with seokmin for years, yet he never got the affection he had so desperately seemed for. he was reminded of how his parents always told him that life was unfair— how he was going to be met with heartbreak someday. he never expected it to come from his own best friend.

     he sighs, then gets into a temperamental fit, throwing things onto the floor. the glass statue that seokmin had bought him is now shattered on the floor, just like his heart was. it was never going to recover, it was always going to be shattered.

     "why, why do i always have to suffer?" soonyoung asked himself, tears rolling down his cheeks.

     he sunk down into a fetal position by his bedroom door, luckily closed so that his parents wouldn't have to hear his mental breakdown. "i love him," he chokes, then shaking his head. "no— i LOVED him. this all ends now."

     "i could be selfish and ruin what him and jihoon have as of right now," soonyoung ponders, realizing the possibilities of doing so. "jihoon would be devastated, and seokmin would come to me for help. i could have the both of them wrapped around my finger."

     his breath hitches in bittersweet excitement, visualizing both jihoon and seokmin kissing up his ass. his egocentric problems are fed by this, and god, he's been starving.

     "maybe i don't have to give up on him yet," soonyoung concludes. "we'll see."

     he shrugs it off, wiping the tears away from his face. his eyelids are way beyond puffy; his cheeks stained with a glossy look due to the tears that made their home there and glimmered.

     soonyoung looks at the broken glass statue, and laughs as he brooms the scattered pieces together, seeing how broken it is. "once i'm done with the both of them, they'll really know how it's like to be broken. that will get them!"

     he hits it with a small baseball bat in the corner of his room once, and throws it away in the trash as if it had no sort of significance to him. "life changes in a blink of the eye. so did i."

     "goodbye to soonyoung,"
     "and hello to hoshi."

——— A/N: ———

i haven't updated in forever! i'm so sorry :(
i finally came up with another chapter, although it is very small. this makes a complete twist in the story, and i can't wait to see where it takes me. love you all!