10

.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.

     jihoon snuggled beside seokmin on his couch, and sighed dreamingly as seokmin searched for something they could both watch.

"naruto?" he suggested, shaking his own head. "ah, soonyoungie would get mad if i watched naruto without him. how about one piece?"

jihoon nodded, a small smile plastered on his face. he didn't mind watching anything as long as he would be distracted from life's problems. and seokmin happened to be one of those things— or people at this case.

however, right before seokmin pressed the button, jihoon stopped him. he had seen the thumbnail of his favorite k-drama, my love from the star.

"you watch it too?" jihoon asked shyly, looking down at the ground. "it's a pretty good show. i really like do min joon."

"my love from the star?" seokmin asked, his eyes glistening. "it's my guilty pleasure! is it just me, or does do min joon look like mingyu?"

jihoon froze for a bit, and nodded his head. "but he doesn't act like him, that's for sure."

seokmin and jihoon laugh, knowing that the two were polar opposites. mingyu was extremely social and friendly, unlike do min joon. plus, do min joon was an intellectual, someone who had graduated from harvard itself. mingyu? he was smart, but he wasn't going to attend any ivy league schools anytime soon. people often compared mingyu to a dog. do min joon, however, resembled more of a cat. he was like one of those elegant, furry cats with a luscious tail, one that moved swiftly. one would fall in love with the cat so quickly, due to its beauty, but it would be oddly distant. beautiful, smart, and way too cautious.

as they watched the latest episode, jihoon found himself inching himself closer to seokmin until their bodies were intact, with seokmin's head rested on jihoon's. jihoon didn't realize that he was resting his head on seokmin's, until he turned around to tell seokmin something, only to meet up with seokmin's face, which was way too close.

he swore he could feel the breath that seokmin exhaled from his nostrils and lips, and he could smell the mint gum that was in seokmin's mouth. but most importantly, he swore that he could feel his own lips brush lightly against seokmin's for a few milliseconds.

he blushed, hoping that seokmin wouldn't make a huge deal about it, but a small part of him longed for seokmin to snuggle him a bit closer, and for their lips to "accidentally" brush against each other again.

what am i thinking? jihoon had thought, trying to shrug those ideas away.

seokmin had pushed it aside, or at least had wanted to. he knew it was an honest mistake, and he didn't want to make things awkward. he ruffled his own hair and yawned, while continuing to watch the show.

however, he had felt his breath hitch when he caught sight of jihoon sleeping, cuddling right beside him. seokmin shut his own eyes and sighed, trying to gather his thoughts together.

"get it together seokmin," he told himself. "he's cute, i get it... but you need to relax. you do not have a crush on him."

seokmin dealt with his storm of emotions awkwardly until he passed out of pure exhaustion, leaving the tv on, with the lights off.

.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.

soonyoung had walked into seokmin's house at night, making sure that his best friend was okay. seokmin's mother had started to fully regain her consciousness, and had started to relax. he needed to break the news to him.

after all, it would be the perfect chance for him to ask seokmin out on a date. after having a crush on him for 5 years, he had finally mustered the courage to ask him out.

however, when he saw seokmin and jihoon cuddling, he couldn't help but feel jealous. he wasn't sure whether or not he could ask seokmin out at this point. he took one glance at seokmin and jihoon's faces, and already knew the situation.

he dropped the bouquet of flowers he was holding, and ran out, slamming the door before any of them could catch sight of himself in the house, with tears pouring out.

jihoon woke up right after the door slammed, and looked around with confusion. he unwrapped seokmin's arms around him, and looked at the ground, finding the bouquet of flowers that soonyoung had left behind.

he sat up straight, and grabbed the card that came along with the bouquet. he read soonyoung's surprisingly adequate calligraphy, and shook his head.

"to my dearest seokmin,
i love you so much that it makes my
heart ache. after loving you for 5 years,
i hope you can manage to love me back.
— soonyoung"