09

.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.ෆ*˚*ෆ.₊̣̇.

seokmin walked to his house, blasting synthpop through his earphones. he thought about the many conflicts he had been going through, and sighed. he wanted to be happier over his life, but everything was just so...
complicated.

the sky was covered with a cascade of gray clouds, the sun hidden behind. the wind blew harshly, making his spine shiver. his teeth chattered, the sound of it almost being as loud as his music.

however, it turned dead silent when he saw jihoon shut the door across the street, and run off. he tossed his backpack aside, and caught up with him.

"jihoon." he grabbed his wrist delicately, making sure that he wouldn't harm him. "what's wrong?"

"nothing." jihoon looked straight into seokmin's eyes, and shook his head. "i'm fine."

"i saw you run out, jihoon..." he whispered. "you're not okay... please just let me worry for you."

jihoon shook his head, trying to refuse seokmin's help, but changed his mind once he saw his mom's shadow in the window. she would look for him soon, just to argue with him over his career choices.

"let's go."

seokmin nodded, and led jihoon to his house, after picking his backpack up. he had paused his music by now, and unlocked the door.

"you don't have to worry about anyone else being home.. it'll just be us," he stated, a hint of sadness in his voice. "was it your mom again?"

seokmin closed the door slowly, and turned the lights on. he watched as jihoon plop down beside him on the sofa, and sigh of exhaustion.

seokmin didn't know the full story, but he could tell that jihoon was nowhere near okay. his actions gave it all away. his body language only made it even more obvious that he was troubled by something.

"my mom..." jihoon muttered, his voice barely audible. "she wants me to run my dad's company. talked about how she'd rather have me be directly involved with my father than to be a failure as an idiotic musician."

"jihoon..." seokmin looked at him, observing jihoon's face.

it was terrifying. he seemed emotionally numb. it was stoic; his face seemed more emotionless than a mannequin's. seokmin was genuinely concerned for jihoon. he felt as if he had to protect him, there was more to jihoon than what met the eye.

"simple.. it's so simple."

jihoon looked at him with confusion. seokmin continued to speak, not realizing that he had been saying everything out loud.

"lee jihoon, it's a simple name. yet, he's the most conflicting man i've ever met."

"you do realize that you're saying this out loud, right?" jihoon cleared his throat, scaring seokmin.

"ah, sorry! i didn't realize that i was speaking out loud." seokmin's face felt flushed, his gaze pointing towards the ground.

"don't worry about me."
jihoon stood up, and started to walk out the door. "i'm a dangerous man. don't get close to me."

seokmin grabbed jihoon by his wrist, pulling him into a hug, slamming the door behind him. he engulfed jihoon in his arms, making sure that his warmth would reach his body.

"i worry about you, jihoon..."

jihoon kept his face buried in seokmin's chest, tears trickling down his face.

"i'll make sure that you are protected."

seokmin let jihoon go, and waited for him to sit down again. jihoon seemed more jittery than he had felt before; his face turned into a bright pink shade.

was this how it felt like to be loved?

jihoon shook his head, snapping out of his awkward state. seokmin caught notice of it, and looked into his eyes. he smiled, and let out a laugh.

"netflix?"

jihoon nodded, a wide smile creeping onto his face. "of course."

—— a/n ——
thank you for wishing me luck 💖
and no, this ain't gonna b some
"netflix and chill" kinda thing! LMAO

.... or is it?

JUST KIDDING