|| Chapter Six || Jack? Jack?

Mark's POV:

He was crying, I dont think he realised that he was. But as he spoke, all the tears he had been holding in since Ireland came flooding out. I could tell that he was a boy that was tough and had been through a lot.

We had both sat up by now and he unintentionally rested his head on shoulder.

He was gay, so that's why he doesn't like Wiishu.

And I'd beaten him up over nothing.

Crap.

"Jack? Jack?" He seemed to have zoned out.

He turned to look at me, tears in his eyes.

"Don't. Please don't!" He begged.

"What?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"Don't tease me, I know I'm gay. I just want to be normal, for people to like me, for me to like girls."

His voice broke and my heart filled with pity. I lifted his chin up gently.

"I know that we've just met but I can tell you, I will never tease you, whether you like boys or girls, it truly doesn't matter, not to me."

"Thanks but I don't know if I can trust you," he said pulling away, "I don't know why I even told you this!" He put his head in his hands.

"It's fine," I said standing up, "I'll take you home in a second, as long as you don't mind wearing your bloody shirt."

"Okay."

He stood up slowly and I saw him topless in the light for the first time, the blinds had been pulled down when I first brought him here.

There, on his right side. A faint scar, a faint word. Faggot. My heart lurched for him. Before I could stop myself, I reached out and touched his side and he froze. I traced the lines of his scar softly before dropping my hand.

What is wrong with me? Why do I like him? I'm straight okay

Jack shook his head slightly, as though he had imagine what I had just done, before pulling his soiled shirt back over his head.

He gathered his stuff and walked over to the door of the apartment.

"Let's go!" I said. "Where do you live?"

"The green house near to Woodingdean." He replied as we walked to my car.

"Nice ride."

"I'll take that as sarcasm."

He smirked and I started the car.

Sean's POV:

Did he touch me? Back at the apartment? It was so gentle, it must have been his top brushing against my side. He hurt me though, so he clearly doesn't like me. But maybe he cares just a little bit.

I cant stop thinking about the pills he was taking. There's something different about Mark, something he's hiding. If I told him my story, he might tell me his... One day.

We drove back to my house in silence. Me, wondering what I will say to my mum about my injuries, Mark, thinking some dark mysterious thoughts that I wish I could hear.

I realised I was staring and turned away, slightly pink. I'm sure I heard him laugh slightly but I could never be too sure with him.

"We're here." I say. "Thank you Mark."

"For what? Punching you in the face?" He seems like he's joking but his facial expression shows that he regrets what he did.

"Yeah, that and listening to me. You hardly know me."

"Maybe I could get to know you better?"

"Sure"

"Bye Jack."

"Bye Mark.

See you around, mysterious guy.

I watch as Mark does a U turn and drives away before walking up to the door of my house and knocking loudly.

"SEAN?" I hear my mum screaming through the door.

"Yes ma." I reply tiredly.

She opens the door and pulls me into a tight hug. She strokes my hair out of my eyes and gasps when she sees my cut lip and bruised eye.

"Wha' happened?" Her Irish accent soft on my ears as I tell her that I was beaten up again and Mark came to save me and brought me to his house.

"I hope you thanked that boy."

"I did ma."

"You're not... Being bullied again? Are ya?"

"No mom, I got in the way that's all!"

She hugged me once again and kissed me on the forehead. Her arms were gentle around me.

Not strong like Mark's

"Well come in then, I made breakfast! We can spend this weekend relaxing!"

How could I relax when I was thinking about Mark?

Mark's POV:

I didn't realise how bad his story was. He must have lost his dad too because he never mentions him at all.

We're kinda similar after all. I guess I turn to alcohol whilst he turns to harming. Holy crap we're messed up people.

As I drove back to my house, I thought about how hard it must have been to tell me, an almost complete stranger, his secret. I wish I had told him mine now but it was too late. I knew that he didn't like me, not after what I'd done but I think I kinda like him. And it scared me.

But in a good way.

Of course, I had Wiishu. Oh shit, I need to apologise to her as well. Why am I such a horrible person? I knew what I had to do.

Hey Wiishu

Hey Mark!!

I wanted to say sorry, for going at Jack like that, he's a great guy.

Oh it's fine, as long as you apologised to him.

Right I can do this. You can do this Mark.

I want to break up with you, I'm not good for you I can tell and Im confused about my feelings right now. I'm sorry.

It's fine Mark honestly. If you feel that way, it won't bother me. I hope you find your true partner one day. ;)

I think I already have. What no. I'm so confused

Thank you so much, I never deserved someone like you. I hope you find your perfect guy too ;)

Aw see you are a softy inside. I hope you show jack that side of you.

I hadn't showed him had I? I'd been hostile ever since we met and I bet he thinks I hate him.

Wiishu? Can I have Jack's number?