|| Chapter Sixteen || Chilling

Mark's POV:

It has been a week since I moved into Jack's house, and I'm still not use to the hustle and bustle of family life. School is so much better now that I have Jack as a close friend. I have introduced him to my other mates and they all took a liking to him. I hadn't noticed it, but I'd softened up as well and was no longer the tough, feisty boy that Jack described me as when he first met me. And surprisingly, I was ok with that. I found talking to people easier and didn't get angry all the time, as though Jack was my new form of medication. My feelings for him stayed strong. I just wish that we could be a proper couple and show ourselves to the world but I don't think either of us are ready for this. Still, it was nice to have him there, for support and for friendship.

Jack walked in to the room suddenly and I looked up. He was wearing a long sleeved grey shirt with jeans. He looked casual but gorgeous. He had his trademark bands on his wrists and he did a fake catwalk in front of me. I laughed and stood up.

"What a sexy lady."

He pouted and put his hands on his hips.

"Just sexy?"

"Verrrry sexy."

"That's better darling." He giggled and pretended to flick hair over his shoulder.

Wade and bob had texted us and we were on our way over to play prop hunt together in Wade's basement. His dad was a computer engineer and had a lot of consoles so we could all play together.

~time skip~

When we arrived, Bob was already there and they had just finished a game of Mario Kart. Looking up, Bob smiled.

"We should play dare with Mario Kart later. We had some funny results last time."

"Sure."

Jack was still lingering in the doorway but I pushed him in and we headed downstairs to the basement. We set up the game. Me and Bob on one team, Wade and Jack on the other. We had a laugh about doing a podcast about boners and all pretended to ring in with our 'boner questions'. Bob's laugh was contagious and we had to stop to catch our breath from time to time. The next map we did was an underwater map and me and Bob found a hilarious way of hiding. I switched my prop into a fish and hid under Bob's cone. It actually worked and we laughed so hard. And thus the fish-cone was born.

Once we'd finally stopped laughing, I had to hit Jack on the back a few times, we had had a few drinks and were a bit tipsy. We headed upstairs and decided to play Mario Kart. We all picked a dare and the person who came last would have to do it.

"What should the dare be?" Jack asked, plonking himself on the sofa next to Wade, taking a sip of his beer.

Me and bob sat on the carpet in front of them and loaded up the game.

Bob smiled wickedly. "Ok first dare should be to tweet out a secret they never told anyone."

"Alright." I laughed, praying internally that I wouldn't lose.

I chose Luigi, because he was green and Jack went for Mario because he was red. Wade chose peach and Bob picked Bowser. It was very close and on the third lap, I just managed to overtake Wade, leaving him in 11th whilst I was in 10th. Jack had managed to come first.

"Wow Jack, never knew you were such a good player." I teased, pinging one of his bracelets. He knocked my head forward playfully and told me to be quiet. I could sense Bob and Wade's eyes on us but I ignored their looks.

Wade's POV:

I could see Mark and Jack getting playful in their drunk state and leaned forward to whisper something to Bob.