||Chapter Twenty|| Together

Skip to the end of Christmas break

Mark's POV:

Me and Jack walked to school together, wrapped up in our coats. It had been a busy holiday for sure . I had got some good news earlier, they had managed to find someone for me to live with that was part of my own family. I had no clue who the family member was but it meant that I could move on from my dad and start a new life with them. It also meant that I would have to move out from Jack's house but that wasn't too bad, I still lived next door.

"Mark?" Jack said quietly as we saw the school come into view.

I turned to look at the small green haired boy. "Yeah?"

"I want to be with you. In a couple way. I'm not afraid anymore." He smiled slightly and gazed at me.

I reached over and intertwined my fingers with his, squeezing his hand.

"Yeh, that would be nice." I kissed him on the cheek and watched as he blushed a dark red.

* * * * *

Bob and Wade met us at our lockers and noticed Jack's hand in mine.

Wade grinned. "You might as well call me Cupid." He said proudly.

I laughed and pushed him back a bit. "Don't look too happy, we were together before that night."

His face fell a bit and we all broke into giggles.

Bob grabbed Wade by the arm and pulled him off to Algebra. We watched them go before heading to our own lesson, Chemistry.

Sean's POV:

As I took a seat at a bench, Wiishu wandered over. "Hey Jack!" She said happily.

"Hi."

"I see you and Mark are together."

I nodded, a smile slipping onto my face.

"You've changed him so much," She sat down next to me and touched my arm. "He's so much calmer and nicer now."

"I know. I knew he was a big softy really."

Mark looked up from across the room. "I heard that." He laughed, looking down at the test tubes again, he pushed his hair away from his face and my heart fluttered. How did I end up with this handsome thing?

I turned back to Wiishu and began writing down a method in the textbook.

"Have you found yourself a boyfriend?" I asked her, curious.

"Well.."

The door opened and someone walked in. Felix looked exhausted, like he'd been up for days as he walked over to me and Wiishu.

"Hey you alright?" She asked, standing up and giving him a hug. He kissed her on the cheek and whispered something to her.

"Me and Felix have been together for a couple of weeks."

My smile felt a little false as I congratulated them. Felix noticed my expression and his eyes filled with guilt and sadness. As Wiishu headed over to Mark to discuss an equation, Felix slid onto the stool next to me.

"Hey Jack." He mumbled.

"Hey." Our conversation felt wooden and uncomfortable.

Suddenly, he just burst out. "I'm so sorry Jack, I didn't know how much you loved each other. I was jealous of you two and I didn't know what to do. I should never have punched you or teased you. And I never should have pushed you into the lake. I'm so sorry." The sadness in his voice broke my heart and I pulled him into a hug.