Chapter 8

“HARRY STYLES I SWEAR I-”  I froze.  The couple laying naked on the bed froze. Someone walked up behind me.

“What the hell are you two doing in my room?  Get the fuck off my bed!”

As the couple scurried to get their clothes on, I turned slowly to look up at Harry.  He stared down at me. I started to speak but then realized I didn’t know what to say. The couple pushed past me and Harry, who continued to stare at me for a few minutes.

“Harry!” A high-pitched voice called his name from down the hall. “What are you doing my British Love Muffin?” 

I snorted and looked up into Harry’s eyes. “Really? Love Muffin?”

He didn’t smile, but simply shrugged.  Claire finally caught up to him and snaked her arm around his waist. “I think you’re in the way, Slut,” she addressed me.

I closed my eyes and shook my head.  “Good lord,” I muttered before looking back up at her. “Actually, you are in the way.  Harry and I were just making our way out.”

Harry cracked a tiny smirk before he lightly pushed Claire away from him and turned to walk down the hallway. As I began to pass, Claire grabbed my wrist. “You better watch yourself, Slut.  He’s mine.”

I yanked my arm from her and stepped toward her, causing her to lose her cool and fall back against the wall.  “You need to stop wearing your thongs so tight.  I said we were making our way out - not making out.”

I turned to see Harry waiting for me at the end of the hallway.  He let me lead the way through the party crowd to the front door where we escaped the loud music and flashing lights.  Without speaking, we walked down the stairs and to my car.  Harry collapsed into the front seat and immediately reclined, laying back and closing his eyes.  Choosing not to give him the attention he probably wanted, I cranked the car, turned on the radio, and began to drive.

Harry didn’t once look up to see where we were going, which kind of lifted my spirits.  I was already a little ecstatic that he wasn’t actually having sex with anyone when I thought he was, and now – maybe I was reading a little into it – he trusted me enough to just drive him anywhere.  He had only known me a week.  For all he knew I could be driving him off of a cliff. Which I wasn’t.  Well not DRIVING him off of one, at least.

After an hour drive on the highway, I pulled off to a dark exit just before a large bridge.  There were no signs for gas stations or restaurants, but just a single flashing red light at a deserted intersection.  I passed through the intersection and stopped just after it, pulling off to the side of the road and turning the car off.  I poked a sleeping Harry in the gut, making him stir for a few minutes before he finally sat up and looked around.

Unhooking the latch on the glove compartment, I grabbed a flashlight and switched it on as I stepped out of the car.  Harry quickly followed me.  We walked silently along the side of the road until I found the small path that I was looking for.  As I turned down it and began to walk into the trees, I heard Harry stop behind me.  I continued forward, not turning around to look at him, and soon enough he caught up to me.  I could feel his feet barely brush against the backs of my shoes as he tried to stay close to me, suddenly worried about where we were going.  After about 5 minutes, we came to a clearing – or more of a cliff – where we could look out and see a huge river with the bright and full moon dancing off of it.

Harry stood, almost awestruck, and admired the river.

“Is this the Johnstown River?”

I nodded. “My mom used to bring me here when I was really little.”