Chapter 25

My mood was no longer very optimistic as the night came to an end.  As we all sat and watched 21 Jump Street together, I couldn’t help but fight over and over with myself as the movie went on.  I mean, when Jonah Hill finally reveals that he’s a cop to Brie Larson, everything works out.  But then again, in the movies, it rarely never worked out. That was just more reason for me to be worried in real life.  I hated myself for waiting to tell him at this point, but I was too scared to do anything about it. 

Immediately after the movie ended, the couples and Niall began to pull out their blankets and pillows and undress for bed. Even when it came to being nearly nude around each other, no one seemed to care.  Nora essentially stared at Louis as he stripped down to his boxers and sprawled out on his and Isabella’s couch, but Isabella didn’t even seem to notice. Emma even told Niall that she liked his orange and green polka-dotted boxers and pinched his butt right in front of Liam and Liam just agreed with her.  It just seemed a little unorthodox to me, but I guess it was because they all trusted each other.  No one had ever given anyone a reason not to. 

Harry pulled me into a hug as everyone in the living room began to settle down. “Wanna stay the night, m’dear?” 

I did. “I don’t think I can tonight,” I lied slowly.  It was almost painful.  I felt bad because it was his birthday, but I was feeling sick. “I told my dad that we would go on a run tomorrow morning, bright and early. He’s trying to get back into shape.” That part actually wasn’t a lie. 

I could tell that Harry was disappointed but he laughed. “Well that’ll be good. We have a game tomorrow. Can you make it?” He took my hand and began to kiss my fingertips gently.

"What time?" 

"Three." 

I smiled and nodded. “Definitely.” 

He grinned at me as he kissed the tip of my pinky. “Let me get my keys. I’ll drive you home.” 

I was still not ready to say goodbye when we got to my house, but I was feeling sick to my stomach because of my secret.  The more I waited, the worse I felt, but the harder it was to reveal myself.  I thought about my tattoos every time Harry even placed his hand around my waist. 

I walked up to the front door and jiggled the handle.  I groaned as Harry stepped onto the porch behind me.

"Everything okay?"

I sighed. “My dad locked the front door and my key is on my car keys… which are in the house.” 

"Is there a hidden key anywhere?" Harry asked, kicking the welcome mat.

I shook my head.

Harry bit his lip. “Is your window unlocked?”

"I never lock it," I said, giggling. "But I’m wearing a dress." 

Harry grinned. “I won’t look.” 

"I’ll hit you right in the mouth if you do," I said, pushing him backward off the porch.  He caught my hand and pulled me with him as he regained his balance on the steps. 

"Hit me with your mouth?" He placed a sloppy kiss on my lips. 

"Mhmm," I hummed, taking his hand and pulling him around the back of the house.  We slowly opened the creaky gate and quietly made our way to the tree.  The lights in the pool stayed on at night, which gave us a little bit of light to work with.  Harry and I both peered into the shimmering water as we passed. "Wanna take a dip?" Harry whispered, chuckling.

"No, it’s too chilly for that," I replied, rubbing my own bare arms.  It really wasn’t, I just didn’t want to take my clothes off.

Once we got to the tree, Harry looked up into the dark leaves.  ”Do you want to do it like we did last time or do you want to stand on my shoulders?”