Chapter 19

The next couple of days couldn’t have been better.  On Sunday, we woke up and spent the day at the local run-down arcade.  I had always driven past it and considered going in just to see what games they had, but never stopped.  Harry and I played all of the games; I was better than him at the shooting games and he always seemed to beat me at the more puzzle-type games.  We got some pizza and a pretzel for lunch, but ended up just sharing the pretzel because the pizza was still half-frozen.  The arcade (other than the food) was a decent little hangout spot, but it was definitely not as popular as I thought it might have been.  Harry and I were the only ones in there until just before we left, when another young couple walked in.

Harry drove the two of us to school on Monday, and getting out of his car in the parking lot could not have felt more awesome. All of the girls and even the guys stared as Harry ran around the side of the car to hold the door for me.  He held out a hand for me to grab and kissed it as he closed the door and took my bag from me.  I couldn’t help but laugh in my head.  I knew that we were being more open about our unofficial relationship but I didn’t know that meant Harry had to be my own little servant.  I almost didn’t like it, but I could tell that Harry actually enjoyed doing it so I didn’t stop him.

My heart leapt anytime our skin even barely touched.  I could feel myself blushing when we walked into the school and Harry immediately grabbed my hand and began to lead me through the crowded halls.  Girls would smile flirtatiously and twirl their hair like they always had when Harry passed them in the hall, begging silently for his attention, but their faces would fall when they followed his outstretched arm down to our connected hands.

Anytime we stopped by his or my locker, Harry would give me short little pecks on my cheeks and my nose.  I was never really big into PDA (Public Displays of Affection) but there was something about Harry kissing me that I wanted to show off – especially when other girls were watching.

Before lunch, I left my class and went straight to my locker. I turned the lock a few times and entered my combination.  Before I could pull my locker open, one large hand slid around my waist and a second pulled my locker open for me.  I grinned as Harry’s warm lips melted against my cheek.

“Hello Louuuuve.”

I laughed and turned to face him. “Hey, you.”

Just then, I heard a squeal from down the hallway. Despite the fact that my open locker was blocking my view, I knew exactly who it was.

“Harry Styles! How could you leave me at that party!?  The cops caught me and I had to have my freaking parents come bail me out of jail! JAIL, HARRY STYLES.” Claire’s heels clicked quickly against the hard floor as she stormed toward Harry.  He looked concerned as she approached us, but not because of her story.  More just because she was approaching us. “It’s okay though because you were drunk and you’re hot and I love you. Let’s go get lunch.”

She grabbed Harry’s hand that wasn’t around my waist and pulled on it. 
Harry didn’t budge. “I’m talking to Lou right now, Claire.”

Claire’s face fell and she dropped Harry’s hand. She peered around his body and saw me standing on the other side of him.  I remained unemotional as she began to glare at me.

“Slut. I told you to stay away from him.”

Harry stepped in front of me and began to push Claire away gently. “Okay, it’s time for you to go to lunch.”

Claire scoffed. “What the hell? You’re on her side now? Protect yourself, slut!”

Fed up, I grabbed Harry’s shirt and yanked him out of the way. Claire stumbled backward as I took a few heavy steps toward her.  She didn’t really want me to defend myself and I knew it, but I was tired of her.  Swiftly, I brought my hand around and slapped her across her face.  She gasped and gripped her burning cheek.