Chapter 7

I don't know what it is about that man from last night but I can't get him off of my mind.
Especially his smile.

I finish stretching out my fuzzy blanket to make my bed look somewhat neater.

My room is not exactly what others would call organized, but I know where everything is so I don't really consider it disorganized. And I don't plan on moving things anytime soon either. I like it this way. Plus I don't ever bring anyone over either. This is my own little sanctuary.

I walk over to my tiny kitchen and wait for the toaster to indicate that my toast is ready. I put it in there before I did my bed hoping it would be ready by the time I'm finished. Guess not. I did wake up a bit to early anyways so it's fine. It's not like I'll be late to school or anything.

That's one thing I hate. Being late to school and having to walk into class while everyone stares at you making you feel awkward.

The light on the toaster finally turns green and I use my plastic spatula to take it out.
Toasted bread with butter and some orange juice isn't exactly a balanced breakfast, but it's enough to keep me going until lunch time. Most of the time.

Now that I think about it, Tae hasn't come to mind since last night. Not until now. I guess him ignoring and avoiding me has finally helped me realize that I should just stop trying. I mean, if it's meant to be it will be, right? I have to concentrate in school more too. I haven't been paying much attention lately due to Taehyung taking up most of my mind. And because most of the time in class I stare at him through the corner of my eye rather than listen to the professor. After all, the finals are coming up and I really have to get my brain working, which is something it doesn't do properly while Tae occupies it.

My mom used to tell me that if a guy wants me, he will come looking for me. That there will be no need for me to chase him. If someone really wants you they will fight for you.
That doesn't really apply much to this situation though. I have only known Taehyung for a few weeks and each and every day he made sure that I knew that he isn't interested. I guess that's why I chose to give up. Although, I wouldn't really call it giving up, just learning when to stop.

I walk into class and thankfully no one is here. I take a look at my watch to double check the time and it's still only 6:00. The walk from my apartment to the school was shorter than expected today. When I said I woke up earlier than I am supposed to, I really meant it.

I decide to just take a small walk around the school until other people start arriving at the school too, which is usually at 6:40 or 7:00.

I don't usually wake up that early so I don't know why today is any different. Maybe it's because I went to sleep early last night, but I don't even remember at what time I dozed off yesterday.

The school cafeteria is surprisingly opened at this time. I'm guessing they are preparing for breakfast.
I buy myself a cappuccino and take a seat at the bench near the big tree.

Sitting here is really calming. Aside from this creepy and old looking school, this spot is really nice. The grass here is actually green and the tree that shades over the bench makes it even more soothing.

The creepy thing about this school is that the buildings look like they are made of those old bricks that people would use to build medieval castles. And the grass that surrounds each building is dry and weird. This school actually looks like those that you would see in the background of creepy old class pics.

That could be the reason why I felt so nervous on my first day here. And that weird room that I still don't know how I got to didn't make it any better.

I finish my coffee and throw it away in the nearby trashcan. It's 6:30 now so I start heading to class.

"Hey!" Someone grabs me by my elbow just before I step foot in my classroom.