Chapter 17.5

"What do you mean?" I whisper over at him.

"Ever since you came he's been acting different, but it's gotten worse. I thought it was just jealousy at first...it's not..."

"Then what is it?"

Jungkook's eyes shoot towards Taehyung and he turns away from me.

To me, he looks the same as always. That's probably because he's always been cold towards me since he never really liked me.

My guess is that Taehyung isn't going to tell me what's wrong. So, I'll just ignore it. It is probably just jealousy. Jungkook is just a child, after all.

-At home-

Taehyung, again, didn't talk to me for the rest of the day. I knew things were going to go back to the way they were. That's why I tried not to get used to him suddenly being nice to me.

I look at the plain white walls that border my apartment. They are so plain...

I should probably hang a painting up or something.

Today felt so plain too. It felt like those days when I had just moved here. Taehyung not talking to me, me being all alone in lunch, and these plain walls as my only form of comfort.

1 week later...

I can't stop glancing over at Taehyung. Everything really did go back to the way it was before. He won't even look at me.

The only thing different is that Jungkook has been coming to class every day. I don't know why the teacher doesn't notice. Or maybe she did and just doesn't care.

I never noticed how broken the walls in this class really are. Each one has a crack in it. They're painted an ugly, dirty, mint color. The only form of light is that one light bulb that still works and the window that they still haven't fixed. The one Taehyung broke.

I had completely forgotten about that...

I never got his answer. I still don't know what he is.

I look over at him once more and our eyes accidentally meet. I quickly look away.

Why am I acting this way again?

There's a couple minutes until the bell rings to go home. Those minutes turned into what felt like hours.

As soon as the bell rings I rush out of my seat and leave. I was the first one out the class.

When I said as soon as the bell rang, I meant it literally. I heard the first little tone of sound and got up to leave.

It was getting really uncomfortable in there. Everything had gotten really quiet after Taehyung looked back at me. The teacher stopped talking and sat down and the chatter inside the classroom also died down. Dead silence.

It was as if I was in a horror movie. I felt so awkward. Words can't ever explain how it was.

What made me more uncomfortable was Taehyung's eyes when he looked at me. He seemed...scared...

I turn the corner to head to the apartments.

I squeal when an arm suddenly pulls me behind one of the houses. The other hand is used to cover my mouth.

My breath speeds up along with my heart.

Part of me was hoping it was Taehyung...how foolish.

My eyes widen in terror when I see my landlord show up behind the man holding me.

"Where's my money?"

I'm unable to answer because of the hand covering my mouth.

He hints the man to remove his hand and I immediately speak.

I shouldn't have...

"Why the hell are you so upset about it?! I'm only a damn month behind!! This isn't nece-"

I'm forced to shut up when a hand slaps me across the face.

I look back up at him, my cheek burning, with angry eyes. Angrier than before.

I've done nothing to deserve this.

"Boss don't you think she's perfect for it?"

Another man shows up behind the landlord. He's taller and seems fit. His hair is blonde with blue tips...he's so handsome. The only thing wrong with him is his sinister smirk.

"You're right," the landlord smirks with him, "Thanks, WonHo."

The landlord snaps his fingers.

The last thing I see is WonHo's face before I black out.

A/N

As you probably noticed this is chapter 17.5. It's not 18 because it doesn't count as a chapter, it's more of a prologue, but it continues chapter 17. The real chapter will be updated by Sunday.

Now is when the story begins (;