Chapter 12

Taehyung's POV

My body shoots up in bed as soon as I hear a scream coming from the other room. I can tell Jungkook heard it too. He sat up almost at the same time as me.

We both look at each other quickly and I immediately stand up and run to Jungkook's room.

And there she was. Sitting up in bed, her knees up to her chest, and her hands on each side of her head. She looks like a mental patient. Her hair is messy and she's crying hysterically.

"Jen-"

"I'm fine." She cuts me off sharply and I take a small step back.
"Go away." She continues.

As I'm about to close the door she says something else.

"Wait...don't...nevermind...it's your house."

Her arms are snaked around her legs now. I watch as she uses one of them to brush her hair a bit and wipe off the tears.

"Look, I would ask you if you wanted to talk about it...but I'm not so good at that, so there's really nothing I can do. If you want water or anything that's pretty much all I know how to do."
I tell her while rubbing the back of my neck with one hand.

"No, I don't need your pity, or your advise, or your help. I don't need you to talk. Just...stay?"

She looks over to me. It's dark but there's enough light to be able to see her glossing, puffy, red eyes.

I hear Jungkook scoff behind me and I softly nudge him with my elbow.

"I don't think that's a good-" I start but she cuts me off again,

"Please?" She says softly.

"Sure..."

This is bad. It's against everything I'm trying to do, but I have a feeling I know what the dream was about. The same thing happened to me when my mom died.

I started dreaming about her. They weren't good dreams at all. I knew the way she died but in the dreams I imagined different ways. Harsher ways. Even if they weren't true, they always found a way to pull a trigger inside of me.

I step in the room slowly and Jungkook grabs my wrist.

"Hyung..." He whispers.

"It's fine. You'll be okay right?"

He nods and releases my wrist.

Jungkook heads back to my room and I close the door after he leaves.

I sit next to her in bed and awkwardly stare at the wall in front of us.

I really meant it when I told her that I don't know what to do or say to her.

When I look at her through the corner of my eye she is staring down at her legs. Her hair is behind her ears.

"Thanks." She whispers.

Jennifer's POV