Chapter 1

Walking through the halls. Feeling like everyone is staring at her. She isn't a normal girl. Doesn't wear makeup. Doesn't dress in anything uncomfortable. Stop starring at me... I'm not like you... But I want to fit in... A boy walked by her. The same boy that she has had a crush on since kindergarten. Logan Henderson. The star of the school. Every girl wanted to be with him. Even this girl the was an outcast. His girlfriend walked over and kissed him. The girl's heart felt heavy. She wished it was herself kissing Logan. It won't ever happen so forget it... The girl thought as she walked to her first class of the day. Science. She sat in her chair in the back. Logan walked in and sat beside of her. Then he turned to his friends and started talking to them. She looked down and got ready for class. "I think we are going to have partners for a project." One of his friends said. "I hope I'm getting partnered with someone smart... I honestly don't need another bad grade in here." Logan said. What if Logan I get partnered up to do a science project? Nah... It won't happen... She thought as the bell rung for class to begin.

     Mr. Pop walked in. "Good morning class. Today I will be picking your partners today." Mr. Pop said as he looked for the list. The class groaned as Mr. Pop found his list. "Peter and Eric. Nikki and Valeria. Meagan and Robert. Jared and George. Logan and Leigh." Mr. Pop said and continued with the list. Leigh's eyes lit up a little. It's happening... It's really happening! Oh my goodness! I'm partners with my crush! Leigh thought as Logan moved his seat closer to her's. "I guess we are partners..." Logan said. "Yeah...'' Leigh said. "What should we do for a project?" Logan asked. "I was thinking about doing a live volcano act." Leigh said. "Sounds good." Logan said and smiled. Leigh smiled a little and took out a piece of paper. She started writing down the supplies they needed. Logan just watched her write down everything. "We need that much stuff?..." Logan asked surprised. "Well, if you want a good grade then we need to make it as amazing as possible." Leigh said. "I do need a good grade to help me pass this class..." Logan said. "What's your grade, if you don't mind me asking?" Leigh asked. "I have 63... I'm so close to passing, but if I get one more bad grade... I won't be close to passing..." Logan said. "Mr. Pop probably put us together because he knew you needed a good grade in this class." Leigh said and continued to write down the supplies. "Probably... I'm passing in every class, but this one..." Logan admitted. "It's just one class you have to worry about at least." Leigh said. "True..." Logan said.

~*~AT LEIGH'S HOUSE~*~

     The school day was over and Logan went home with Leigh to get the project over with. Besides, the sooner you work on it, the sooner you get it finished and more time to prefect it. "Thank you so much for helping me with this project. I honestly can't thank you enough." Logan said as he pulled into Leigh's driveway. They got out and went inside. "I have most of the supplies here, all we need to get is some of the growing foam from Lowe's." Leigh said as she sat her school stuff down. Logan did the same. Leigh got out her list and started to search for the stuff with Logan's help. "I found the food coloring and paint." Logan said as he put them on the counter. "I have some cardboard to make the box." Leigh said as she put the cardboard on the floor. "I need some scissors... Where are they?" Leigh said as she started looking for a pair of scissors. Logan found a pair. "Looking for these?" Logan asked. "Thanks." Leigh said and took a sharpie and made the cut out for the box. "I'll cut it out. You get the stuff ready." Logan said as he got on his knees and started cutting the box out. "Okay..." Leigh said and made sure they had everything.

     Leigh was walking towards her books to get the instructions for the project. When she looked over to check on Logan with cutting out the box. She saw his muscles through his shirt. Wow... He is strong... Leigh stop starring.. Leigh thought as she looked a different direction. "Box is ready to be put together Leigh." Logan said as he started bending the flaps so the box would stay together. "Okay, go ahead and put it together and I'll figure out what we need to get at Lowe's and/or Walmart." Leigh said as she went through the list. Logan got a hot glue gun and started gluing the box together. Sometime afterward, Logan's phone went off. It was his girlfriend, Amy.

~*~Text Convo~*~

A: Where are you babe?

L: I'm at Leigh Smith's house working on our project we have to do for Mr. Pop.

A: Ugh, not her! People say she is suicidal babe.

L: I know, but I need this grade babe. Or else I don't pass to the next grade...

A: Don't do anything with her!

L: Babe, you are the only one on my mind... I would be hugging you right now, but I gotta work on this project...

A: Okay... gtg bye baby

L: Bye babe

~*~End of Text Convo~*~

     Amy hated Leigh. Just everything about Leigh made Amy disgusted. Leigh knew it too. That's why they always avoided each other, but now Amy is going to have to deal with Logan working with Leigh. ''That was Amy wasn't it.." Leigh stated. "She isn't happy with us working together." Logan said as made sure the box was glued together. "Figures... She never did like me." Leigh said. "Why don't you two like each other? She never told me." Logan asked. "I just don't fit in like I'm suppose to I guess..." Leigh said. "She accepts my friends and they are kinda like you, they don't fit in, but why not you?" Logan asked. "She judges girls harder then guys..." Leigh said. "Oh..." Logan said as he grabbed his car keys. "First, let's go to Lowe's to see if they have the growing foam thing and some PVC pipe." Leigh said as they both got in Logan's car and left for Lowe's.

~*~Lowe's~*~

     Leigh and Logan walked in Lowe's and instantly the smell of fresh rubber his Leigh's nose. "I think the pipes are in the back." Leigh said and started walking towards the back. Logan followed her. Some of the workers looked at them like they were dating. "Why are these workers smiling at us?..." Logan whispered to Leigh. "They probably think we are a couple." Leigh whispered back. That is my dream... That will never come true... Leigh thought as she arrived at the pipe section. Logan looked at the pipe sizes. "What size do we need?" Logan asked. "Probably an... inch." Leigh said. Logan pulled it out of the box. "Now, we have to get the foam." Logan said as they walked towards the section where it would be at. Leigh went through the aisle, looking for the growing foam. "So what does the foam do?" Logan asked. "Once you spray it, it grows." Leigh said. "Really! Wow." Logan said. "Here we go!" Leigh said as she grabbed a can. "Do we need anything else?..." Logan asked as they walked towards the self-checkout. "Not that I know of, no. If we need anything we can always come back." Leigh said as she scanned her items. "I'll pay for it." Logan said as he took out his wallet. "You save your money for your girlfriend. I'll pay for it." Leigh insisted. "It's the least I can do since you're helping me with this project." Logan said as he took out the required money. "Fine... I'll pay you back." Leigh said. "No. Keep your money." Logan said and paid the bill and put the can in a bag. "Okay..." Leigh said. Logan grabbed his change. Before they left the store someone stopped them. "Are you two together?" A woman who seemed to be in her late 30s asked. "No miss we're not together." Logan said politely. "Oh really! Well, I was just going to say you two look cute together." The woman said. "Thanks." Leigh said. "Welcome." The woman said and left. Logan and Leigh were walking towards the car. "That was unexpected." Leigh said as she got in the passenger seat. Logan put the bag and pipe in the backseat. "I know!" Logan said before he shut the back door. He got in the driver's seat. "Wonder why she thought we were together..." Leigh thought aloud. "Probably because we were kinda arguing at the self-checkout thing." Logan said as he started driving home. "Probably..." Leigh said as she looked out the window. Logan, if only you knew how long I've loved you... And how long I'll still love you... Leigh thought as they arrived at her house.

~*~6:45PM~*~

     Leigh and Logan sat down on he couch. Tired after trying to get the PVC pipe to fit around the clear plastic tube then hold it so they could place the foam around it. Logan looked at the time. "I have to go home. Here is my number so we can figure out when we can work on this again." Logan said and gave her a piece of paper with his number on it. "Okay. See you Monday." Leigh said as she watched Logan walk out her door. Once he was gone, Leigh took out a deep breath. "Thank you Mr. Pop for putting me and Logan together... I actually get to hear his beautiful voice... And see his amazing chocolate eyes... And his dimples when he smiles... Ahhh..." Leigh said aloud. She cleaned up the kitchen and went upstairs to her room. She took her shower and put on her pjs. She went to bed with a smile on her face. No tears for the first night in a long time...