EXTRA: EPILOGUE

So this is dedicated to Wattpad user: TrinityMorin for asking me to write this extra. It was interesting to come back to this story actually. I'm glad I did though so enjoy the epilogue. x

EPILOGUE: A FEW MONTHS LATER.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Dean glowed with pride as Sam leaned down to kiss Jess. Everyone clapped as the newly weds walked back down the aisle. Soon everyone was sitting in the dining room enjoying their meals. Dean, Cas, Sam and Jess were seated at one table.

"I can't believe you guys are married! That makes you my sister-in-law Jess!" Dean exclaimed.

"I'm so happy for you two! Can we expect any nieces or nephews?" Cas asked and Jess laughed.

"Not just yet, although... you never know?" She smirked at Sam who gave her a kiss.

"Maybe. Anyway Cas, They wouldn't be your nieces and nephews until you and Dean actually got married so, if he ever has the guts to propose, then we will think about it."

Cas blushed and lifted his hand to where they could see it. "Actually..."

Jess gave a muffled scream as she pulled Cas' hand closer.

Dean was blushing like mad.

"Oh my god guys! Why did you never tell us? Do we have a date yet?"

"you guys have been busy so the right time never passed. And no, we don't have a date yet." Dean mumbled.

Sam had a huge grin on his face as he congratulated his brother and Cas.

"Well make it soon, man, cause we can't wait forever." Cas smiled and placed his hand on Dean's.

"It'll be soon." Dean nodded in agreement.

The rest of the reception went by quickly.

Cas and Dean danced and after a fantastic Karaoke session, which involved Jo and Ellen doing a slightly drunk version of "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls, everyone went home.

Dean looked at Cas from the driver's seat of the impala and smiled.

"So when do you want to hold the wedding?"

"hmmm... I dunno. Soon."

"That clears that up nicely, Cas." Dean chuckled. Cas sighed,

"That was my first time attending a wedding."

Dean looked at Cas surprised. "Really? In all your angely years you never once thought about watching what humans call 'the happiest day of their lives'?"

"Dean, I didn't have time ok?"

"Fine. That just means ours is going to have to be awesome. I guess with you getting a job now and one less rent to pay, we have enough money to pull it together soon enough."

Cas grinned and kissed Dean on the cheek.

"We'll talk about it at home. Keep your eyes on the road."

Dean rolled his eyes.

"Besides, It will be awesome anyway because I will be marrying you.

2 months later:

"I do."

"Congratulations."

Dean didn't hear the rest as he pulled Cas close to him and kissed him hard. He had wanted to do that the minute Cas walked down the aisle in his white tux. Dean had had to hold back tears of joy as he watched his boyfriend, who had given up everything; his wings, his family and his life to be with him, walk towards him on, undoubtedly, the happiest day of their lives.

Ok Dean maybe cried a bit but who could blame him.

Cas had asked Gabriel to give him away and he, of course, obliged with his whole heart.

Sam was obviously Dean's best man and was sat next to Jess on the front row, glowing, as Dean and Cas were married. Dean had offered to get married in a church but Cas had made it clear they would be in a nice manor with no religious connections at all. Cas had said if his family wanted to turn up, they could, but there was no point forcing them to be a part of it when they hated him.

As the newly married couple sat down to eat, Dean whispered, "Was anyone else supposed to turn up except Gabe?"

Cas shot him an unamused look, "Did you think they would?"

"Just asking cause is that not Michael?"

Cas turned around in shock as he saw Michael enter the hall. Cas got up to greet his brother.

"Michael?" Cas was shocked.

"Ah. Castiel. Congratulations. Sorry I didn't warn you but I couldn't miss your wedding, now, could I?"

Cas' face lit up.

"Thank you brother. Come, sit with us."

Cas pulled an extra chair up to their table. Gabriel and Michael exchanged a nod.

"I'm sorry I didn't get in contact earlier Cas. I wanted to but I felt you wouldn't want me in your life so..."

"No It's fine. I forgive you Michael and thanks for coming. Champagne?"

Michael eyed the green bottle suspiciously and Dean laughed.

"It's fine, man. Try it."

After a few glasses Michael finally loosened up and the rest of the evening went by without another problem. Cas smiled and leaned over to Dean.

"It's good to have the whole family together isn't it?"

Dean smiled and nodded. "Shame dad couldn't see it but I like to think he'd be proud of me."

"He is, Dean, wherever he is."

That's definitely it now! I hope you enjoyed this and everything.

If you liked this I would ask you to read my other Destiel Fic "A Fresh Start". That would be cool of you. Thanks.

Lotte