Smells Like Trouble

in which Benny and Mckenzie get in their first fight

"I don't need any help!" Ethan exclaimed, video chatting Benny and Cole, who had Mckenzie sitting next to him

"I don't need any help!" Ethan exclaimed, video chatting Benny and Cole, who had Mckenzie sitting next to him. "I have my lucky socks, my lucky shirt, and extra cologne."

"You have absolutely no game." Benny said.

Cole scoffed. "And you do?"

"No." Benny said. "But my dad is on the dating scene, which means I have full access to this." He showed the three teens a magazine. "Be a man magazine."

"Oh please." Mckenzie said scoffing. "That is ridiculous. I can just tell you what girls like."

"That makes more sense." Ethan said. "You pretend to be Sarah."

Mckenzie groaned. "Fine."

"Hey Sarah, what's up?" He asked.

"Oh nothing, I'm just hanging out." Mckenzie said, imitating Sarah.

"Do you wanna go out with me maybe sometime?" Ethan asked.

"No." Mckenzie said.

"What?" Ethan asked. "You're supposed to be helping me!"

"I am helping you." Mckenzie explained. "If you want a girl to go out with you, you have to work to get her to say yes. This isn't some cheesy fan fiction, this is real life."

-*-

"I can't believe they shipped your eternity cage without the key!" Benny exclaimed the next day. "Now how are we gonna play Warlocks Phantasm?"

"Benny! Quiet down!" Ethan said. "I'm trying to attract a girl, not the whole chess team." He showered himself in nasty cologne.

"What is that?" Mckenzie asked.

"This?" Ethan asked. "Hormono. It's musk. It's supposed to tap into a woman's primal nature."

Benny sniffed it, and found out it smelt horrible. "It's definitely...manly."

"Like 'wrestling team laundry bag' manly." Cole confirmed after sniffing it.

"Here I go." Ethan said ignoring his friends. "I'm just worried she'll laugh in my face."

"She probably will." Cole said, earning a slap on the arm from Mckenzie. "But that gives you one less thing to worry about." Ethan shot Cole a glare. "Joking?"

Mckenzie sighed. "I gotta get to class." She smiled at half of her favorite boys. "Later."
"Hmm." Benny said after she left. "Taps into a girl's primal nature, huh." He whipped out his spell book and started looking through it. "Love spell!" He exclaimed. "Tannis root, cumin..."
Cole spotted a group of girls walking their way. "Uh, excuse me? Do you know if the biology lab has any sea slugs?"