Chapter 17

Warning: This book contains a lot of profanity and sexual content. If you are uncomfortable with any themes mentioned you may exit at any time. Please be advised!

****************

"Phew! This ought to suffice. I've never lived alone, even as a mermaid."

With Levi's help, you had moved into a modest cottage house in town. You lived alone, and Levi visited you frequently. You had to learn to do everything yourself because you didn't reside at the castle anymore.

"First and foremost, I should learn to cook. I'm not even sure how to light a fire...." You remained engrossed in the oven until the doorbell rang.

"Coming!" You approached the door and opened it, revealing Eren.

Lord Eren? What exactly is he doing here?

"Everything happened so quickly, and it was the only house in the vicinity of the castle. Are you sure it's not in such bad shape?"

You glanced at him, confused until you realized who he was.

"Lord Levi? "

"Wow, you didn't take long to figure out who I was, did you?" He states as he removes his wig.

"That's something I'll never do again! Everything was fuzzy because I didn't have my glasses 

on!"

"That is no longer important to me. Also, stop being so formal, brat. Simply refer to me as Levi." 

He gave her a thud on the forehead.

"Sorry... It was merely a slip of the tongue." You rubbed your forehead firmly.

"I don't want to be a prince when I'm with you. I simply want to be with a man who loves you."

 He gives you a loving stare.

"Levi..." You say something, but then you recall something else.

"Why are you dressed as Lord Eren, by the way? What about work?"

"Eren is the one who is doing it."

"Eh? Lord Eren is? "

"I've never left my official duties, so if I did, it would be obvious. Eren usually runs away from it, but today is different."

"I'm curious as to whether he's all right."

"You shouldn't be concerned. He's a lot better at it than I am. He's also a master at disguise."Meanwhile, Eren was posing as Levi back at the castle. On his desk was a massive stack of papers. He was irritated and sobbing in his head.

"God damn you, Levi! You were stockpiling these to get back at me, weren't you?"

"I need to get out of this ridiculous engagement, but things may get unpleasant for you. I have the impression that I forced this on you because I didn't want to lose you. I've made every imaginable bad decision for you, whom I love."