Twenty Two - We Are Grounders - I

-

I hadn't slept, but I was close to camp, I recognized the trees and rocks, and could vaguely hear chatter.

I had ripped my shirt up and tied strips around my upper arm- just above the where the branch had stabbed me. I ripped it out a while ago, and just continued to wrap the bloodstained fabric down my arm to stop the bleeding best as I could. 

Then I tied a thicker branch to the back of my leg to help me walk. Though my wounds were mostly numb from the pain, I had to grab onto anything I could, and fell down a few hundred times trying to get home.

I was close to the camp, and decided scream for someone. I wasn't going to be able to get much further, and if I died, then so be it. 

"HELP!" I screamed out, three or so times. I rested my head against some tree bark, and closed my eyes. 

I guess I had partially fell asleep, but I took notice of the purple and blue colors behind my eyelids. They were pretty.

I jumped as a hand was placed on my shoulder and looked up and saw Octavia with wide eyes. "Oh my god, Grey." She whispered. "What happened to you?"

"They took him." I muttered, leaning on Octavia as a crutch and continued to limp back to camp. "The mountain men took Monty."

"I. . . Grey, Its's okay. We'll get him back." I nodded at her words.

"Did you find my sister?"  

"No. We had to go back. . . She's still out there, somewhere."

We walked in silence all the way back to camp, into the drop-ship, where the Myles kid laid. 

"I'm going to get my brother." Octavia hugged me, running back out. It was empty in here, other than Myles and I. 

I started untieing the strands of the shirt and dropped the branch to the floor, very slowly trying to bend my knee.

The Blake siblings walked in, Octavia with a shirt in hand. Bellamy rushed forward, enveloping me in his arms gently. I gripped him in return, then he backed away, looking at my new wounds. "What the hell happened to you?"

"A guy in hazmat suit. He kicked my knee in and took Monty." I explained, shoving on the tee-shirt that was far too large for me as Octavia went back outside. "But I think I hyper-extended my knee. My shoulder shoulder should be fine."

Jasper walked in, a heavy glare set on Bellamy, then an slightly relived look towards my way. He walked closer to us, shoving Bellamy as he walked up to me.

"Hey!" Bellamy scoffed. "Don't you think I want to look for him too?" Jasper turned back to Bellamy, pointing a finger at his chest.

"If it was you who was out there, do you thing Monty, Clarke, Finn, Grey would hide behind these walls?" I looked to the floor, then to my swollen leg.

"No, they would come out and look for me. Then, they would all die." Bellamy argued. "I am doing what I think is right for this group." 

"That's funny." Jasper muttered, slamming his gun on the table behind me. " You didn't think that when Octavia and Grey were missing, did you?" 

"Where are you going?" I looked back up where Bellamy and Jasper stood face to face. Jasper pulled his hand up to his brow-bone, a mock salute gesture towards Bellamy. 

"More gun powder for your mine, sir." Jasper sneered, then continued up the ladder. 

The Myles kid pleaded for water in his dry and cracked voice, and Bellamy sighed. "I'm going to go help Jasper." I muttered, standing on my good leg, and gripping onto the ladder.