Fourteen - Day Trip - I

\Fourteen - Day Trip - I\

-

I was keeping Octavia company as we sat by the ladder. She had made sure that no-one was around when she started to ask me about Lincoln.

"Grey? Can I ask you something?" She asked quietly, sitting up. I hummed my response as I tapped my nails on-top of the metal floor beneath me. "How did you know how to speak in his language? Why did he listen to you?"

I sighed at the question that I had been asking myself since we found Octavia in the cave. "O, I don't know. It's just like. . . I don't know. When he says something in his language, It processes just like English. And I don't know why he listens to me- he just does."

Octavia just nodded, and went back to fiddling with her hands.

Bellamy climbed down the ladder, and looked to his sister and I. "You two are still here?"

"I'm not moving until you let me up there to see him." Octavia grunted, not looking at Bellamy. I didn't respond at all- I couldn't even look Bellamy in the face without thinking about the red seat-belt and Lincoln.

"Well then, get comfortable." He went to head out, but he backtracked immediately. "I let him live, isn't that enough?"

"He saved my life, and yours. Jasper's and Grey's too." She moved and I kept my eyes on the floor.

"I know you see it that wa-"

"That's how it is." Octavia cut him off.

"He's still dangerous."

"Only because of what you did." I sneered at him, pulling myself off the floor and staring straight at him.

He looked at me for a hot second, then returned his gaze to Octavia. "Whatever twisted connection you think you have with that animal- forget it." Octavia huffed as a response, and hit her back on the chair. "You two don't get to see him. End of conversation."

"Why do you even care, If I 'ruined your life'? You should want me to go up there. You'll get lucky. Maybe he'll kill me, then problem solved."

"Octavia, you know I didn't mean that."

"Just get out of here, Blake." I sighed at him. He clenched his jaw, and turned to walk out as soon as my sister walked in.

"Hey, Bellamy!" Clarke shouted, and was turned down.

"The answer's still no, I'm not talking to Jaha." He stated, pushing past Clarke.

"Relax, that's not why I'm here."

"What then?"

"The ark found some old records that show a supply depot not too far from here."

"What kinda supplies?"

"The kind of supplies that might give us the chance to survive through winter. I'm going to check it out, I could use back-up." She turned to me, and flicked her head towards the door. "You too, little sis."

I stared at her, then rolled my eyes. "How do you even know that your older?" I asked her, tilting my head. "And yeah, sure."

"Mom said I was seven minuets older than you. . . I mean it was kinda obvious. . . I am seven minuets wiser than you." I let out a light laugh at her lame joke, and stood to follow them.

"Why are you asking me?" Bellamy butted in, rather condescending.

"Well. . . Because , right now I don't feel like being around anyone I actually like." She said to Bellamy.