twenty one - The Calm - II

\twenty one - The Calm - II\

I sat up in cold sweat, feeling around as I shot up. Something was wrong.

I threw the blanket aside, shoving my feet into my boots, and frantically tying shoes. I clenched my jaw as Bellamy looked to me, his head cocked to the side.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, sitting up fully. I shook my head.

"Clarke's in trouble." I muttered, making my way out of the tent.

"You don't know that." He tried to comfort me, but I could tell the lie didn't easily roll off his tongue.

"Something's wrong." I whispered, and walked out to the drop-ship to find Monty. Bellamy called after me, though I ignored him and continued walking away.

I didn't know what it was; the feeling in the pit of my stomach or shivers that traveled up my spine, but I knew that Clarke wasn't here, and I'm sure as hell not going to let my last family member die.

"Monty?" I called as I saw him standing, clutching a gun while him and Raven were conversing. He looked towards me with a small smile and his eyebrow risen. "Monty. . . somethings wrong."

His small smile fell and he nodded. "I know. As I was telling a very reluctant-to-believe-the-truth Raven, they went with another kid, Myles. They all left camp together."

I grabbed a gun for myself after pulling up my hair up. "Wait, all three of them are still out there?" Raven asked, her eyes moving back and fourth between Monty and I. 

"Yeah," Monty breathed out.

"Then were going to look for them, now." I finished for him.

"Bring the walkies." He nodded at Raven. I walked away, yelling to them to see them in five or so minutes. I walked back into Bellamy's tent.

Bellamy was sitting on his bed, his eyes off into the distance. "Bell?" I asked waving my hand in front of my face. He shook his head while blinking, and looked up at me. His eyebrows shot up as his eyes landed on the gun in my hand.

"What are you doing?" He asked me, standing up. "Why do-"

"We're going to find Clarke in five." He opened his mouth, presumably to argue, before I cut him off. "You're not stopping me."

"I not even going to try." He smiled to me, and lightly pulled me along as we exited the tent. "Let's go."

We met up with Raven and Monty, who each held a walkies talkie in one hand, and a gun in the other. I nodded at them and we walked out after Bellamy told the kids at the front gate that we were leaving.

We walked in silence for awhile, then split up. I went with Monty while Raven and Octavia stuck together, and Bellamy went off on his own. 

A load, ugly- yet familiar- static came through the walkies. "That sounds familiar." I muttered, looking at the box in Monty's hand. 

"It's the same sound from the black box, isn't it?" He asked me, then repeated on the radio.

"Grey, Monty, pay attention. Do you see anything?" 

My eyes widened at the sight infront of Monty and I. There was someone in a grass green hazmat suit. I froze in my spot and grabbed Monty's forearm and backing up slowly. 

The hazmat covered man moved towards us slowly, something clutched tightly in his hand. 

"I am commander Grey. Back away." I spoke in the grounders language, fear taking over my body.

Grounders don't have hazmat suits. 

I heard a small chuckle from the masked man, and he grabbed onto me. I was too slow to react. "I don't take orders from you filthy heathens, Heda." He peeled back the thin fabric covering the tattoo. This was the first time I'd gotten a good-ish look at it, though the situation deemed it not as necessary as not dying.

"The mountain men are pissed."

He pressed his thumb onto it, an infinity sign with four dots cutting into the line, and shoved me back, kicking my knee. I fell and slammed my shoulder onto a branch. A very sharp branch that pierced my skin and forced a shrill scream to fly out of my mouth.

Through my water filled eyes, and watch as Monty was full fledged carried away, a syringe hanging out of his forearm. I clenched my eyes as my stomach dropped, and purposely slammed my head on the dirt in frustration. 

I broke of the end of the branch, leaving it in my arm in case it had hit anything important and tried to stand up.

I couldn't bend my knee, or put any weight on it for that matter. My left knee was fine, and thankfully my opposite arm was undamaged. I could use something as crutch, that is if I could get up. 

Bellamy voice came from the talkie, which happened to be a little far from my reach. "Fuck!" I yelled out, and started to drag myself to the radio. Bellamy's voice grew more and more frantic as I was still unable to reach it. 

I had flipped over, laying now on my stomach instead of my side, and stretched my good arm out to the radio, and struggling, then achieving reaching it.  "Bell?" I asked.

Silence surged through the air, and I attempted to try again. "Bellamy?"

I now realized that the battery on the radio was now dead, and I had no means of getting back, unless someone came to look for me. 

I'm so screwed.