Know You Better

PETRA:

"Okay, so I was thinking..."I started, taking a sip of water. "What if I watched you sleep?"

"Sounds kinda creepy." Tanner said, taking a huge bite of his sandwich.

"Jesus!  Was that a big enough bite?" I joked.

"No." He said, or at least that's what I thought he said; I really couldn't tell with all of the food shoved into his mouth.

"But, I really think it could help." I insisted.

"How could it help?" He asked hesitantly. "I mean, it's not like you can read my mind."

"True, but I could wake you up right away and ask you what you were dreaming about." I tried to explain, but when I spoke it out loud, it didn't really sound like a good plan. "Okay, so it's not the best idea." I admitted.

"Yeah, because I never remember." Tanner said dejectedly. 

"I just really want to help you with your problem." I said truthfully. "Did you really not know that you sleepwalked?"

"No.  I mean, I've only done it that one time." Tanner said.

"Maybe it was just a single occurrence then." I suggested.

"God, I hope so." Tanner begged.  He sat up and looked over at me with a sad smile; I was a bit confused by his look. "I'm sorry."

"You've told me that before." I said, a bit annoyed with how apologetic and nice he was being.

"I know, but I do feel really bad for basically attacking you." He said, putting his tray on the dresser.  I did the same, except I kept my glass of water.

"Thank you for your many apologies, but you really don't need to apologize anymore.  I mean, I get it.  This one time I tripped over my backpack and fell down, and while falling , I pulled down a girls skirt." I revealed.  Tanner started laughing and I blushed, remembering how sorry I was.

"Sucks to suck." Tanner smirked.  I gave him a tiny glare and chucked my pillow at his face.

"Hey!  I just told you an embarrassing moment, and you're just gonna treat me like that?" I asked, pretending to be dramatically offended.

"Suck it up, buttercup." He told me, laying back down on his bed. 

"Cute saying, buttercup." I teased.  He stuck his tongue out at me and threw my pillow back at me, luckily I caught the pillow or it would've smashed into me hard.  After I caught it, I looked over at Tanner; he was looking back at me.  There was an awkward 30 second where we just stared and smiled, but I broke it up. "So,  do you have any embarrassing stories?"

"Of course, but I'll save those for another day." He said, rolling onto his side to face me. 

"Oh, come on Tanner!" I begged, crossing my legs and taking another sip of water.

"These lips are zipped, sweetheart." He told me.  I almost blushed when he called me sweetheart, but I held my composure.

"Please!" I pleated, dying to know more about Tanner.  He wasn't talk, dark, and mysterious like Teneson, but wasn't an open book either.

"Fine, but only because I could sense that you weren't going to shut up about it." He agreed.

"Someone's awfully pissy." I remarked.  To this he just shot me an evil smile.

"What do you want to know?" He asked.

"You're leaving it up to me?: I asked happily.

"Sadly, yes." He said.