-ALEX AND CHARLIE-

This is just a fun chapter. Might be a little action😉

     Guess the Point of View Below!!

                    Crazy, I know.

Who is IT?

Charlie's point of view

         Alex, had agreed to hang out with me and skip school. I honestly expectedly him to bluntly deny the suggestion and insult me. I was regretting the question as soon as it came out of my mouth. He Hates Me. Why would he hang out with me? He's trying to kill me and throw me in the ditch. Oh lord, Oh lord, I hope I live to see another day.

My thoughts are broken by a chuckle. "What are you wishing for another day for? I'm not even driving that fast."

I look at him like a deer caught in headlights. He glances at me and starts panicking too. "Wait, What Happened?"

I decide to ignore the question because I can't lie. I just can't lie. I feel extremely guilty and I start to panic. It would be very noticeable. Instead I point out facts.

"Actually your going 20 over the speed limit." Pointing to the equipment thingies on the dashboard behind the wheel.

"I really like your car. You should let me drive the other ones too sometime." He shrugs shooting a hopeful glance at me.

"How about, one day I'll buy you your own because all the others are used."

He frowns. "I don't care. Just because you have money doesn't mean you could spend it on nothing. Learn to use it on something useful. Plus, I just started tolerating you today. Why are you so fucking nice? Tell me the truth Charlie! Is it because you want people to like you? You want people to fall at your beck and call? Tell me damn it because I'm getting sick of you. AGAIN."

He yells scooting over so he's directly in my face when he talks. I lean back some and smile at him. "That's why you didn't like me? You though I was selfish? You thought I was an act?"

He rolls his eyes. "Your still smiling, see? How can someone be that damn happy all the time?"

"Do you want me to not smile or be happy or something? You didn't answer my question either."

"The answer to your question is yes. I want you to frown for once. I want to see a different emotion than the fake shit you put on your face. AND I DIDNT THINK. I KNEW YOU WERE FAKE."

"Why frown when you can smile? If I'm happy, I'm happy. And no, see I'm not fake I don't just spend my money on useless stuff like other people." Other people being my parents.

"Oh yea?" He raises an unbelieving eyebrow. "Then how do you explain the laser tag room in you fucking house, a parking lot full of cars."

"Easily, my parents doing. They like to show off their riches not me. And think about it. I just turned eighteen. I didn't even get around to my license just yet." I point to the road tell him the address and tell him to drive. He complies.

****

"You see that large buildings these blocks are filled with? The Orphanage, The Children's Hospital, The shelter for the homeless. And the workers cars outside the shelters. The Bakery with the cheapest of prices that gives out free pastries, rolls, and donuts on Saturday.. The Pizzeria that gives out free pizza on Wednesdays. THE-" I was cut off

"Ok what's the fucking point?" Alex injects angrily.

"If I'm so fake. If I'm wasting money. Why would I have created these places?"

He looks at me surprised getting ready to open his mouth in protest before he sighs defeated. "Ok." He mutters.

"Look at me when you talk." I huff that burns my fucking gears. I still smile though but I put it sternly. "The Shelters help the homeless get jobs and apartment. The pizzeria and bakery to the side is strictly for people who can't afford a meal and for students if they want to hang out with their friends. The others are just for the children. I have a weaker weak spot for them." I laugh. I have a weak spot for everything.

"Do you want me to feel like a bigger asshole? I'm sorry okay?"

I smirk at him and decide to taunt him. "You apologize. Never feel sorry."

He scowls at me before he launches the car forward making me jerk. I laugh and he soon drops the scowl and join in.

"Seriously Charlie, I apologize." He says it sincerity thick in his voice.

I wave it off. "I'm over it. You had a good reason to judge anyway. A lot of people are selfish. When I offered the car I just didn't want you to say that you didn't want my scraps and you think I'm better than you." I shrug.

"I wouldn't have said that." I cross my arms and raise an unbelieving eyebrow. This time, Mocking him from earlier.

He cracks. "Ok.. I would've." He admits in a grumble just above a whisper.

"Also because my parents work even if they don't have to. The money keeps rolling in." I shrug again with a grin knowing I'm making him feel worse. He tried to hurt me for no reason and he shouldn't judge. "I just wanted to turn your frown upside down." I admit.

"Money doesn't make some people happy. Some things people can't get back or ever have."

I lower my head with a smile gracing my lips. He understands. "Trust me I know."

"But don't you want to show off your new car when you get to school. I know you want to."

"No I - Yes I do. Tyler would be so jealous and wait. What new car?"

"This one. It's not even recognizable to being used. It looks brand new and you like it because you picked it."

A sly grin forms on his lip. "Yeahhh.." He drawls out sheepishly. "I did..." Eh suddenly jumps to hug me quickly.

I do not hug him back. " ALEX NOOO. HANDS ON THE WHEEL. AHHHHH!" The car swerves dangerously before we are back to normal.

"I got this." He smirks

I knew he wanted to kill me...

****

The rest of the day we went back to my house in the game room. Pigged out on pizza and Chinese food and shared lots of laughs. Alex is fun. Even though he's completely different from George.

I wanted to invite George over but I didn't know if Alex would be comfortable. He doesn't trust easily. As WE ALL KNOW.

Forrest Gump- "Life's like a box of chocolate. You never know what your going to get."
I don't agree with the saying because the chocolate is always known because it's on the front of the box. It will say hazelnut or caramel.. Etc.
What do you guys think of the book so far? Don't forget to COMMENT AND VOTE.. ALSO ADD TO READING LISTS IF YOUR READING. Have a great day!