Chapter 8

I have a very hard time typing fast and accurately because my nails are so damn long.

*

I laid awake, looking at the clock in the hospital room.

2:54 AM

Wonderful.

Just wonderful.

I couldn't sleep, insomnia hitting me harder than ever right now.

Scott wasn't in the room, even though he was sleeping in the chair when I fell asleep.

I was confused, though.

Where was my baby?

Why did they keep him overnight?

I just want to hold him in my arms in the car, on our way to the house.

But, I couldn't do that since they wanted to keep me and him overnight.

I laid in the uncomfortable bed for a while before Scott walked in again.

"Hey baby. Why are you up? It's like 3 AM..." He said checking his watch.

"I can't sleep, love." I spoke quietly. (im sorry I had to.)

"You want to cuddle? Just till you fall asleep?" He suggested.

I nodded my head, jetting my bottom lip out a bit for exaggeration. He chucked slightly, removing his shoes before moving me to the side slightly, trying to avoid my wrap. He moved the cover over and crawled in beside me.

I entangled our legs, facing him and snuggling into his neck.

"Are you okay babe?" He asked.

I groaned.

"Would everyone stop asking me that! I'm perfectly fine." I scooted away from him a bit, but he just pulled me back into his arms,

"I'm sorry honey. I'll stop, I promise." He kissed my temple trying his best to relax me while rubbing his hands down my back.

"It's annoying, Scott. I know you're just making sure but I'm fine. I just want to go home. I don't even know why they kept me over night." I explained to him.

"I want you to go home too. We're going home tomorrow, well today, but we just have to get through tonight. We get our baby and he can see his wonderful room!" (room above or photo attached under if i remember to put it in.)

"I know, I'm just so happy and I keep thinking about all the amazing things that are going to happen because of this small little baby." I laughed slightly, so prepared for the event to come with Luca.

His first steps,

His first words,

His first day at school,

His first time playing a sport,

His first time having a crush,

The possibilities were endless and I just couldn't wait for him to grow up and become who he is and be successful.

"I know you're excited baby, but lets get some sleep and we can talk about it all in the morning okay?" I nodded at Scott's suggestion, looking into his ocean blue eyes, finding some sort of comfort just looking into the waves of his eyes.

"Can you sing that one song? The suburbia one? I like the way you voice sounds when you sing that..." I asked him.

"Suburbia? The one by Troye." He asked, confirming my suggestion.

"Mhm."

Scott began to hum the tune, making me relax instantly with his words.

"Have you heard me on the radio, did you turn it up?

On your blown-out stereo in suburbia?

Could be playing hide and seek from home

Can't replace my blood

Yeah, it seems I'm never letting go

Of suburbia."

I let out one last content sigh before feeling my body shut down into sleep.

*

super short chappy but i have been stuck with writers block for a while but I have IDEAS MAN! so I just need to put those ideas into action. Vote, comment any suggestions and have an AMAZING day. -cressa