Revolution

American Revolution AU, enjoy!

"But Sir-"

"No." He replies with his hand against my face. "I'm entrusting you with this. You better make the most of it."

"Sir." I stepped forward pulling my hat down and gripping onto the gun hanging over my chest. "I saw my family die. My father hanged and my mother and brothers burned alive. I need to take charge of a real battalion to avenge them."

"Your family wouldn't want you to do that." He turns back to me. His hands rested against his table with the pile of paperwork he was working on before I interrupted him. "They should know better than making you fight just to give them justice. That is if they are?"

"My father would." I stepped back clutching onto the gun in my hands. "I carry our name. And it would shame him, if I don't do anything."

"Do this for now." He places a hand over my shoulder.

My drowned eyes made it's way to look up at him. His genuine father-like smile made me feel a little better.

General John took me in when I was young after my family have been murdered by the British revolutionaries. He was never to be considered as my stepdad, neither was I allowed to call him that.

It didn't really matter, he was far less than a father than he should be. He wasn't that much supportive anyway. He'd always see the bad things I did. Unlike my real father, he'd encourage me for the better.

So it was never really a problem if I can't call or treat him as one. I never really asked him to be my parent, he just came in and let me stay at his house like a normal citizens he'd let in.

I have always asked him to give me a set of soldiers to handle amongst North Carolina. He has never had the intentions to. He said I was too young, naive and untrained to become a General.

I've been around these camps for at least two years. I'm ready, I'm prepared.

Instead, he has sent me to find temporary troops. The one's we call the ghost killers.

The kind of revolutionaries that aren't initially nor legally a part of the entire battle. They'll be asked to volunteer themselves if ever they want to fight for freedom with us. If they do, they can come and go anytime they want.

Of course, I was in charge and I had to give the orders, whether they like it or not.

Even though what I have right now can be much than enough. It's still a shame that I cannot take vengeance towards the death of my family and my neighbours.

I remember everything clearly. Our town was raged in by men with red coats. Their horses galloping and stomping over our plantations. One by one killing every single person in the house until a few of us were left.

I had no idea what to do afterwards.

I just knew from that moment I saw them die before my eyes, I was going to fight for them. I'll carry their legacy with me, and if ever I die in battle I will make them proud.

I took in my horse and wandered across the open field. Hoping none British people would chase me out from the bushes. I'm alone in seek of a few people who are going to be fighting with me. I had no uniform on. It would be better if i hadn't, I wouldn't look suspicious. It is even said that a revolutionarist is not allowed to harm town's men. I can't be hurt if I don't dress like one.

A small sign, caught my eye.

"..Old Nightwest..?"

A village.