Take It And Leave 2

Gumball

"You son of a fucking asshole! I thought you said- you wouldn't kill me."

I heard his words barely breaking off from my communicator, as I found myself standing up with my hands raised in the air.

"What would a kid be doing here?" I felt the man's hand take the back off my collar pulling me close, making me step back. I felt a gun pressed against my head as I flinched hoping he wasn't going to fire right away.

I looked at my laptop, it was placed sideways but I could clearly see the information in it. I could see Marshall's location and it'll only take about 26 seconds before the elevator crashes on the ground, in other words - he dies.

Shit.

24 seconds.

I breathed pulling my shoulders up along with me, keeping myself calm before I start panicking. I turned my head slowly as I felt him grasp tighter against my shirt pulling me once more asking me the same question.

"I said: what are you doing here?"

20 seconds.

The gun pressed deeper against my head the longer I wouldn't answer. Honestly, this was sickly rude. He doesn't even know why I am here and he already treats me like a criminal. What a loser. I rolled my eyes as I spoke to myself.

He notices my eyes and I think that made him frustrated and insulted. His brows furrowed as I felt his index finger slip into the trigger.

My hands made it's way over to his arm and pulls it down below so that no one would get shot. He presses the trigger and fortunately the bullet only hit a few tanks.

13 seconds.

Fucking hell what?

I looked back to my laptop and saw him just a few meters away from crashing. I pulled myself up and scurried towards my laptop.
Just then I felt a painful shock across my head as I found myself hitting the wall. I shook my head and looked up to notice the man putting up a fist ready to hit me once more.

I dodged and quickly took his arm with the gun and used the material- which was a state of metal I assume- to hit it on his head. He rolls his eyes back falling down onto the floor. His head started to bleed, hopefully it wasn't too severe to kill him.

I held the gun on my hand and wiped off the blood running down my nose. I was breathless and I couldn't move. My body felt so numb it wanted to shut down and break into pieces. In fact I wanted to sleep. I would be back at our house at this moment, probably enjoying some vodka with watermelon essence at the side of our backyard pool reading the book I got for Christmas. But no~ I had to be in this whole wild goose chase with Marshall.

Wait.

Marshall!

My head turns around spotting the number on the screen. My hands quickly took control of the keyboard as I typed in a few codes to stop the elevator.

3 seconds.

17 feet.

I pressed enter key then everything went completely silent afterwards. I felt nauseous and scared and extremely anxious. I crossed my fingers.and clicked onto the live stream.

"Marshall you alright?" I asked instantly looking onto nothing but the floor. It was the only thing visible at the moment

"Am I dead?"

I let out a laugh of relief as I pulled away the hair covering over my face. "No, I got your back." I chuckled fixing myself back to where I was disturbed.