A New Beginning

When the final class of the day was over, a smiling Marinette waved goodbye to her new friend Alya. The auburn haired girl waved goodbye to the bluenette as they exchanged numbers and promised to get together and hang out soon. Happily, Marinette walked to her locker, opening it and placing all her books in her bag before she headed out of the locker room.

She jumped when a hand grabbed her wrist and pinned her against the wall behind the stairs. Adrien glared at her as he looked her in the eye, anger filling the once beautiful green orbs.

"A-Adrien?!" Marinette stuttered.

"You are going to be sorry for everything, Marinette. Even if it's the last thing I ever do, you will understand what you've put me through because of your stupid prank!" He hit her head against the wall, making Marinette's eyes water.

"You didn't have to do the prank Adrien!" She said beginning to cry.

"Yes," Chloe said, strutting into Marinette's view. "But you used your manipulative ways to make him trust you. Then you betrayed him." Chloe smirked as she watched Marinette try to wriggle out of Adriens grasp, a sharp pain beginning to come from her wrists. Marinette looked at her wrists underneath Adriens grasp with wide eyes as her sleeves began to slip, farther and farther down her arms.

"I am sorry, Adrien!" She shifted her gaze back to his eyes, hers full of hurt against his full of anger. He slammed her against the wall again, making her let out a sob. Adrien continued talking, but Marinette was unable to focus. Her eyes, now full of tears, looked at her sleeves as they fell down to her forearms, the red lines and purple scars on both her arms now visible.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" Adrien said, tightening the grip on her arms, making Marinette sob again. His eyes left hers as he looked at where his hands were, gripping her cut up and scared wrists. With widened eyes, Adrien dropped her, his heart echoing in his chest. Marinette lost her balance and fell to her knees, grabbin her bag and pulling her sleeves up.

"Oh no, we are not done here Maritrash!" Chloe said, stepping closer to Marinette. Quickly, she rise to her feet and met eyes with Chloe, who was completely oblivious to what Adrien has seen.

"No," Marinette mumbled. "No, no no! Im done with you torturing me!" She yelled, pushing Chloe aside so she could escape. But she completely underestimated her strength.

Chloe was slammed into the wall, and collapsed to the ground. Marinette gasped as she watched Chloe groan in pain and clutch her head. Adrien started at her with an unreadable face, eyes wide.

"I...I'm sorry." Marinette ran away, tears falling down her eyes as she sprinted out of the school and into the streets of Paris.
***
Wayzz lay asleep on a small pillow. His master, Master Fu, was helping a client. In order to stay hidden, Wayzz was behind the 1920's Gramaphone. He slept silently, not even a snore leaving his lips. Deep within dreams, he began to shake.

"There are 6 Miraculous's in France. Anyone who conceals them, holds a special power. The main two are the Earrings of the Ladybug, who has the power of creation, and the Ring of the Black Cat, who has the power of destruction. Each miraculous comes with a Kwami, a small or larger version of your type of insect or animal miraculous.

They give you strength and energy to fight. Kwamis allow you to more faster, swifter, and to jump higher than an average human when transformed. I am Nooroo, and I give you the powers of Hawkmoth when you wear this pin." The small purple Kwami held out a purple pin with a violet gem in the center. A tall mans shadow loomed over Nooroo as he snatched the miraculous.

"With the pin," Nooroo continued. "You an give people the power to become superheroes! Of course it's only temporary." Nooroo looked up at his new master, smiling.

The man began to laugh evilly. "What if someone were to use this miraculous to make people villains?" He asked, smirking.

"The Miraculous's aren't made to be used for evil pur-"

"Silence! I am your master now Nooroo and you will have to do as I say!"

Scared, Nooroo slowly bowed, whispering "Yes, Master."

The man laughed evilly, the horrid sound echoing through the dark cave they were in.

"Nooroo!" Wayzz yelled. He quickly covered his mouth, making sure no other sound came out of it.

"Huh?" His masters client said.

"Nooooorooooo!" The master said, wiggling his fingers above the mans back. "Ancient Chinese trick! Oh, look at the time! I'm supposed to close early today" the Master stood up, helping his client to his feet. He gently pushed the man towards the door. "See you next week, sir! Let me know how your back is!"

The man turned and waved at Master Fu, as he put his hands tightly and bowed. When the man turned the corner, Wayzzz flew out, closing all blinds and locking all doors.

"Master Fu!" Wayzz said as he and the Master sat down on the floor. "I'm so sorry I interrupted your appointment, but I had a dream! Nooroo was in it and someone found him! Someone has the Hawkmoth miraculous!"

Master Fu gasped. "I thought it was lost forever! We have to find it. Whoever welds it could once again use it for evil purposes! Wayzz, transform m-OW!" Master Fu's back cracked, and he fell over, leaning on a table.

Wayzz flew in front of his face. "Master be reasonable, you not in good shape to be fighting. Your age might just be catching up to you."

Master Fu scoffed playfully. "I'm only 186, still young!" He stood up and bent back, his back cracking once again. "But you are right, Wayzz. If we are going to get Nooroo back, we are going to need help."

                                                            Words 1,010
                                           Published September 8, 2016
                                                  Edited May 24, 2017