19.

"Stay on guard men, at all times. We do not know the extent of her dangerousness." Caspian shouted as he, Edmund, Andrew and the army trotted along the frosty path. "I wish I brought something a lot warmer to wear." Edmund grumbled whilst the others chuckled. Edmund. Edmund indicated to Caspian that he was hearing a voice calling out his name. Just then Edmund saw a flash of golden yellow in the corner of his eye. "Aslan." Edmund breathed. He was slightly taken aback but surely enough there was the Great Lion himself standing on a large boulder beside Andrew. Andrew stared down into the lion from his horse and his eyes widened in acute panic. "Fear not Child. I will help you rescue Queen Lucy." The Great Lion purred. He jumped off the boulder and swaggered over towards the army. "You all are brave soldiers who are fighting for Narnia and for your sacrifice, I shall reserve you all in my own country. For Narnia!" He roared. The army cheered. Caspian looked over towards Edmund and nodded a single nod. "Charge!" Edmund yelled as he raised his sword and rode towards the castle with the army, hot on his tail. The sound of the scraping metal, muffled thuds of hooves and shouts of battle cry was ear-achingly loud. They were ready for battle. They were coming.

~~~~~

Lucy was sat in her cell with her back to the icy wall, staring at the stone figure. She stared at it until some sounds distracted her. The sound of shouting and metal against metal. It's probably the guards training or something Lucy thought. That was until she heard a very familiar roar. She smiled to herself and rose to her feet. She rose to her tiptoes to see out of a tiny, barred window and saw a large group of men on horseback charging around with a very familiar lion. She looked around the men from her view point and saw Caspian. "Caspian!" She screamed. But alas the sound of battle cry drowned out her screams. Just then the cell house door burst open and in came the Witch. "Come with me." She demanded. Lucy shook her head but was soon escorted out of the cell by a pair of black dwarfs. The Witch was wearing a long flowing charcoal black velvet gown with a snow white polar bear fur overtop. She marched into a hall and slammed the doors shut noisily. "Send them to me." She seethed through clenched teeth towards the dwarfs. They threw Lucy down to the ground and waddled quickly out the room. "Poor defenceless Queen Lucy." She cooed as she walked towards Lucy who was hunched over on her hands and knees. Just then there were footsteps. Lucy looked up and gasped. "Edmund. Caspian."
"We tried Lu. She's just too strong." Edmund strained as he was being held back by the strong arms of a Minotaur. Lucy slowly stood up and faced the Witch and said in a rather shaky voice, "Let them go." The Witch smirked and laughed- or rather, cackled, coldly. Then Lucy pounced on her and smashed her wand the same way Edmund had done to Jadis all those years before. The Minotaur loosened his grip to help his Queen but still onto the two Kings. "Lucy! Run!" Edmund yelled but it was too late. It was like history had repeated itself. The Witch grabbed the remains of her sharp and splinted wand and stabbed Lucy straight into the abdomen. Lucy gasped and started to gag. The Witch forcefully removed her weapon as fast as she had stabbed the young Queen. Lucy's eyes glazed over and her eyelids fluttered for a second before she dropped to the floor like a rag doll. Both the Witch and Minotaur vanished soon after in a puff of lime green smoke. Once the Kings were let go, they ran to Lucy's side. "I'm sorry Lu." Edmund wept as he cradled his sister's limp body. Caspian sat there, hugging Edmund's shoulders whilst stroking Lucy's now cold face. They were too late.