Co-Parenting

Regina

Two Months Later

"Eliza, you won't hurt her, I promise, just hold her, you've held her and many other babies before!" I insisted, keeping Rosalie secure in my arms while Eliza refused to take her, Daniel sighed and held his arms out to me, raising his eyebrow at me, telling me to hand my daughter over to him.

"Eliza, she's just a baby, she's made of the same things that you and I are, just smaller, she won't shatter if you hold her." He explained, nudging my sleeping baby towards her, she bit her lip and sighed, shooting a nervous glare at the both of us as she held her arms out.

"I'm going to be right here Eliza, all you're doing is holding her, she's sleeping and she won't bother you." Daniel encouraged, slowly passing her over, I watched as she tensed as the pink bundled settled in her arms, the fear growing in her eyes as she squirmed.

"Don't worry, you're doing fine, now I'm going to give you two some time to play house." I winked, wandering into the kitchen where I heard my sister quietly enter with Robyn screaming on her hip, bags under her eyes as she bounced her daughter.

"What's going on?"I cried, taking the diaper bag from her as she tried to quiet her daughter down.

"I can't get her to stop! I think she's sick but I don't know what to do! She's never been sick before!" She cried, I sighed and silently cursed her for bringing her sick child into my house with a newborn.

"Let me see her." I said holding my arms out, she nodded and passed the screaming toddler over, stretching her arms out as I pressed her against my chest.

"Niniiiii! Nini!" She screamed, burying her curly head into my chest, her chubby hands gripping my shirt as she wailed.

"Shh, I know sweetie, calm down. Nini is going to take you to the doctors while mama gets better because I think she has a cold too." I cooed, kissing her curls before looking up at my sister.

"Just go to the guest room and sleep while I tell the royal Couple that I'm going to be out and that you're upstairs." I said pointing to the stairs, she smiled gratefully and nodded, kissing her daughter's curly mop of hair before disappearing upstairs.

"Regina? What's going on? Why do you have this cutie with you?" Eva asked rubbing the screaming toddler's cheek before looking up at me.

"She's sick, and Zelena is too, so I'm bringing her in for her." I said standing, she smiled and nodded, holding her arms out to me.

"Well, I am having a slow day and I love spending time with this one, so I can take you back now." She said winking, scooping my niece out of my arms and leading me into an exam room.

"I know! Oh my goodness sweetie let's see what's going on?!" Eva cooed, laying her down on the exam table.

"I'm going to take her onesie off if that's alright?" She asked, I nodded and watched as she smiled and gently unbuttoned her onesie, making faces at her until she was in nothing but a diaper.

"Okay Regina, come and stand here while I take her temperature because she may not like it." She warned, taking her thermometer out and slipping the protective shield over it before sticking in her mouth, making her gag and scream.

"I know sweetie, just wait a little while longer... And you're done!" Eva cooed, lifting the thermometer up and frowning at me. "Is she alright?" I asked nervously, she bit her lip and held a finger to her lips, placing her stethoscope on her chest, sticking the plugs in her ears.