{Chapter 5} Games

We decided to stay a couple more days because we literally have so much to figure out. Hours and hours later our noses are still buried in books and information about the park. One booklet I picked up to read shared stories about this farmland, and the owner, Wilson Smith. Wilson Smith's son Andrew died at the age of 16 on the farm in the exact lake we went for a swim in. It was a tragic drowning that occurred years ago, he went cliff jumping and never came back up. As so they say. After their loss the family became very depressed, family of 5 left over, they had 3 other children, Charlotte aged 6, Amy and Clara aged 12. The loss of their older brother caused the twins to drop out of school and help their parents on the farm. The family began to slack off and weren't able to pay their bills which caused new owners to come and kick them out. I felt bad for the family. If this was Wilson, or even their son Andrew getting revenge we now know why. The owners kicked this poor family out on the streets and left them stranded right after losing a loved one.

"Guys...I don't think all of that is correct..." Brayden trailed off

"What do you mean?" I asked

"In this more recent newspaper it says that Wilson began to beat Andrew because he started to slack off on the farm, and didn't do what his father told him to do. Charlotte spoke up years later, when she was the age of 30, saying that she witnessed her brothers drowning. He wasn't cliff jumping....he was standing near the cliff when Wilson came up from behind and smacked him in the back of the head with a hammer, then pushed his son off the cliff. Andrew went flying off the rock unconscious. Charlotte ran away in fear into the barn and cried her eyes out for hours. She told the newspapers that she didn't want to speak up because she was afraid of her father. Once he passed away, was when she spoke up." Brayden told us reading off of the paper.

We all stood there in shock. We all believed that this was Wilson trying to get us....but now that I think about it, there wasn't only one spirit ....there were two. Wilson and Andrew. It only makes sense if Andrew was the one who tried to pull me down in the lake. He wanted to tell me something....and maybe that something was trying to warn me about the next couple events that his father had planned for us 'stupid little teenagers.'

We decided that we needed to take a break from all this, by this time it was about 9 pm.

"You know where I think we should go?" Jacob asked us

"Where?" Isabella responded

"to the barn where Kayce and Daniel ended up running into. When they were getting away from Violet...or whoever that was" he mentioned

"Wow...we really are just putting ourselves out there aren't we?" Brayden said 

"I mean we might as well....what else are we going to do?" Jacob responded and walked in that direction.

We all followed him to the barn. We used to come here as kids the 4 of us, Jacob, Me, and 2 other friends Aidan, and Celeste. We would always take little adventures into the forest late at night, but never made it as far out to the barn, someone eventually chickened out by then.

Once we made it there everyone started looking, I don't know what for, but we were just investigating, trying to find something that will give us a better understanding on whats going on here.

"Hey guys i'm going to check out the small shed behind the barn" I said to them, they all gave me little nods and a couple of 'be careful's' 

I head on out back, because trust me the wonderful things you can find in small sheds amaze me.

When I got there of course there was a lock. I tried everything from, trying to find the key, to trying to break it myself with stumps of wood...but nothing. Until I heard some rustling coming from behind it.

"Hello?" I called out, and pointed my flashlight in that direction.

"Guys...if that's one of you behind there this is not funny" I called out again. I put my back against the shed and slid along the walls to see who's there, until suddenly, when I turned a corner I slammed right into someone. We both collapsed onto the ground. I was terrified, to scared to even open my eyes. I kept them closed until I heard a voice speak up.

"Kayce?" The deep male voice said to me.

I took my hands off of my eyes to look up and see....Aidan?

"AIDAN!?!" I yelled, climbing back onto my feet.

We hugged each other, and began asking questions like 'what the hell are you doing here.'

He said that Jacob messaged him saying to meet us here at the old barn, apparently he needed to show him something.

"Aidan....that's impossible, none of us have signal up here" I said to him

He pulled out his phone and showed me...there, with all his other texts they had was Jacob telling him, quite rudely to come here. We found this extremely weird but forgot to mention it to Jacob, we just thought he somehow got a signal.

About 5 minutes of catching up with Aidan my phone began to buzz in my pocket, finding that a bit strange I took it out and Isabella's name showed up across my screen. I answered it and put her on speaker.

"Hello?" I answered

"Seems to me your little friend came to play with us as well...enough with all the chitter chatter. Isabella sadly can't come to the phone at the moment, but i'm sure she'll love to talk to you...if only you and your friend there come on time...if not...looks like you'll need to say bye bye to your best friend" the deep voice says across the phone line, obviously not Isabella's.

"WE DON'T WANT TO PLAY YOUR STUPID GAMES!" I yelled to the phone tears formed in my eyes

The phone line went dead.

Aidan didn't even ask questions he knew that something insane was happening here, and he was determined to help.

"Okay so it's obvious this guy wants only us to find her, do you know where she went?" He asked

"No last time I checked she was with the others" I said

"Okay...so there must be clues" I mentioned

"Check in the shed! Since that's what you were going to do" he suggested

Aidan smacked the lock open with a metal bar he found on the ground a couple miles back, and we walked inside. Spider webs and dust everywhere.

"Over here!" He said, pointing to a sheet of paper folded up on the ground. I picked it up and read it out loud.

"When you first brought her to Shelterwood, this is where you took her on the golf cart, but left shortly after because she started to freak out" it read.

"Do you remember?" Aidan asked

"The first time....we were 14 that was so long ago" I said

"Oh wait! The Quarry! The scuba diver steps! There!" I yelled

Aidan grabbed my wrist and started running.

"Where are we going! The Quarry is the other way" I yelled to him

"I hijacked a golf cart and parked it over here! It will be faster if we drive" He shouted back.

And surely there it was, a bright red golf cart parked on the opposite side of the barn. We hopped in and drove away.

We were both too scared to talk. I explained to him what has happened to us so far, and he didn't have any words to say, just shocked.

Once we got there we started to yell out her name, finally we heard faint screams coming from behind the steps, leading to the cliff where Mr. Smith pushed his son.

We made our way under, and through the small plants covering the old wooden steps.

"HELP! HELP!" More yelling, but we couldn't tell where it was coming from. 5 minutes passed of us rummaging through plants and twigs but nothing....just silence.

"ISABELLA!!" I yelled out....silence. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------