Chapter 29

The next day went by like the day before. She and Xavier delivered mail to the slot rooms on their assigned floors and hung out in the mail room once they were done. Around noon, Xavier asked Krystal if she wanted to grab lunch together but she declined. She already had lunch plans with Jason.

With a happy smile across her face, she went up the elevator to the top floor. She said a quick hello to Barbara and Derek before she opened Jason's door and went in. She saw him sitting behind his desk and he seemed to be video chatting with someone on his laptop.

He looked up at the sound of his door opening and noticed it was Krystal.

"Can you hold on for just a minute?" he asked the person on the laptop.

Krystal heard an accented 'Yes' before Jason muted his mic and closed his laptop lid slightly but not all the way.

"Hey," Krystal smiled. "Are we still getting lunch?"

"Yes. The video call is just running a little longer than I thought it would. Remember when I had to re-negotiate the business deal in China?"

Krystal nodded.

"Well this is him calling back and he took the deal. We're just discussing a few things but the call should be done in about twenty or so minutes. You can just go wait for me at the restaurant across the street, I already have a reservation in my name."

"Okay that's fine. See you in a bit," she said and she made her way out of the office. She faintly heard Jason begin talking again before she shut the door.

She made her way down the elevators and across the street to the restaurant. The waitress showed her to a table when she mentioned Jason's reservation.

Jason tried to wrapped up the call as quick as he could before grabbing his suit jacket off from the back of his chair and putting it on. He looked at his watch and saw that twenty five minutes had already passed since Krystal had left.

He was just about to walk towards the door before it opened and the last person he wanted to see came barging in.

"Amy," he growled out. He immediately became angry at the sight of her.

There she stood in a cream colored dress that stopped mid-thigh with high heels and a white faux fur coat. She had on big black sunglasses and bright red lipstick looking like the snobby person she was. Derek came in after her.

"Derek, what did I say about letting people in here?"

"Sir, I tried but I couldn't stop her in time."

Jason sighed. "It's fine Derek, you may leave."

Derek hesitantly backed out and closed the door.

Jason crossed his arms. "What do you want Amy?"

"Well let's see," she took off her sunglasses and tilted her head. "I want you."

Jason scoffed at her.

"Admit it Jason, you still love me. I know you tried to make me jealous by parading around that whore of yours at those stupid events. You don't love her, you love me and I know some part of you always will."

"Do you think I'm stupid?" he seethed. "This is complete bullshit and you know it. You've already admitted that you only wanted me for my money and status. Why would I still love you?"

"Hm, I don't know. Because I'm a good fuck and I look nice on your arm?" she teased as she slowly walked towards the windows and stared out at the view. "I've realized now that I made a mistake that day two years ago. Now you've got one of the biggest companies out there and I look dumb."